This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 hawk

i'm going to look at a 64 hawk. all i know is bad tranny. any tips on what to look for and a ballpark price. thanks

Just remember... if you can see some rust, then there's usually a lot more that you can't see...
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Just remember... if you can see some rust, then there's usually a lot more that you can't see...
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Look at the floorboards and the rocker boxes (Between the rockers and the frame rails). Look at the trunk floors also.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Look at the floorboards and the rocker boxes (Between the rockers and the frame rails). Look at the trunk floors also.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Don't forget to look inside the bottom edge of that rare and valuable smooth decklid, (should NOT have the overlay panel as on '62-'63) for rust hiding inside the stiffener double edge.

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Don't forget to look inside the bottom edge of that rare and valuable smooth decklid, (should NOT have the overlay panel as on '62-'63) for rust hiding inside the stiffener double edge.

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

With the GT Hawks in particular, it is much better to be conserned about the body and how much rust is present than the mechanical condition. Body parts for these cars are expensive and scarce, the mechanics are much more easily dealt with. If I was buying one, I wouldn't even be concerned if it ran. As for the ballpark price anywhere between $1000 and $15000 depending on condition.

Tim K.
                '64 R2 GT Hawk
                Tim K.
                \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

With the GT Hawks in particular, it is much better to be conserned about the body and how much rust is present than the mechanical condition. Body parts for these cars are expensive and scarce, the mechanics are much more easily dealt with. If I was buying one, I wouldn't even be concerned if it ran. As for the ballpark price anywhere between $1000 and $15000 depending on condition.

Tim K.
                  '64 R2 GT Hawk
                  Tim K.
                  \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

called the owner yesterday, car has been garaged for 15 years, not started for the last 5 years. it is a GT, with 40,000 miles.engine has been chromed and he is not sure if auto or man trans. says the body is solid, no rust. i am going to look at it on monday.

Comment

called the owner yesterday, car has been garaged for 15 years, not started for the last 5 years. it is a GT, with 40,000 miles.engine has been chromed and he is not sure if auto or man trans. says the body is solid, no rust. i am going to look at it on monday.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jwc191 engine has been chromed
                        It is possible that you will be looking at an Avanti powered Hawk. If so, it should have the "R" series emblems on it. If not, check the machined pad on the front of the engine and post the engine number and we will let you know. If the original invoice is available, that will list the options that it came with.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jwc191 engine has been chromed
                          It is possible that you will be looking at an Avanti powered Hawk. If so, it should have the "R" series emblems on it. If not, check the machined pad on the front of the engine and post the engine number and we will let you know. If the original invoice is available, that will list the options that it came with.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

how much more value will this add to the selling price?

Comment

how much more value will this add to the selling price?

Comment

Working...
                              X