Look carefully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look carefully

Sometimes, I see ebay listings that appear to let the pictures show defects rather then point them out in the text and it takes some care to find them. Look at the passenger side fender on this Silver Hawk project and tell me what you see.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Are you talking about what looks like a notch in the wheel well? I think it's a box flap that's blending in with the concrete wall.

Unless I missed something, it looks like the buyer will need to look for a set of seats.

But if the work is done nicely, it's not a bad deal as far as I'm concerned.

Lee

Comment

I think the trim mounting holes are placed wrong.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

I think the trim mounting holes are placed wrong.
        I saw that too but thought it might be the reflection from the flash. I took a straight edge and the holes do line up in a straight line.

Lee

Comment

Looking at the right front fender it appears that the holes for the molding are not following the body line. They appear to be going "uphill".
          Of course I'm not an expert on the earlier Hawks.

George
          Grants Pass, Oregon
          65 Commander 2door
          64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
          63 Champ
          63 GT Hawk
          51 Champion Starlight Coupe
          George King
          Grants Pass, Oregon
          64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

That looks like a defect on the fender[xx(]. I do not read this as a reflection.

Comment

It might be a reflection of a object on the floor, but at a glance it looks like a crease that terminates in the white putty chip by the vent door.

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

looks like ha may have grafted the bottom off another fender.....

Comment

One thing I saw is the inner body below the side windows was rusted out and patched with some flat sheet metal. Either there is a chunk of the right fender wheel well missing or the grey thing is laying over the wheel well. There also looks to be a crease from the "missing section" back to the vent door where there is some primer showing through. As for the trim holes, I am not sure that the trim followed the same lines as a 56 so I cannot comment.

I am not positive but maybe the right door meets the top of the car, but will not meet the rocker panel area. I am more concerned with the way the patch was done under the side window, and what appears to be a dent in the fender.

Comment

What might be a crease, I think, is just a sheet of bubble wrap reflecting into the fender. You can see some of it actually lying on the fender, overlapping a little bit right at the beginning of the reflection/crease. Curse of a shiny paint job(kinda). I have sure bought something that wasn't described in the auction but assumed I saw everything "as pictured". I just bought a '60 steering wheel hoping for a good one. It was described as "no cracks or splits" and it had BOTH when I got it, so even if it is described properly you sure have to be careful...
                    quote:Originally posted by JDP

It might be a reflection of a object on the floor, but at a glance it looks like a crease that terminates in the white putty chip by the vent door.

JDP/Maryland

Comment

Working...
                    X