This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Packard in movie

Hearts in Atlantis - Starring Anthony Hopkins...
    Probably the only movie I have ever seen that featured a 58 Packard wagon. The movie was filmed in Staunton, Virginia and the homeplace of one of our club members is shown. It was released in 2002. Also featured is a 57 Dodge that is a local Richmond, VA car. It is available thru many vendors on eBay. Below are snapshots I took while it was running on the TV.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Wow! Some time back, I had a young fella contact me outta the blue. He allowed as how he had a Packard Wagon and it was looking like it was gonna be tapped for a movie that was being made in his area. Surely, this must've been that car! Thanks for sharing! I used to own one of these rarities. It was white over red. Body # 21

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wow! Some time back, I had a young fella contact me outta the blue. He allowed as how he had a Packard Wagon and it was looking like it was gonna be tapped for a movie that was being made in his area. Surely, this must've been that car! Thanks for sharing! I used to own one of these rarities. It was white over red. Body # 21

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I hate to hear that that could have been there fate. I just ca't see Richard doing as such! But, I guess he had to do what he had to do. [B)]

Comment

I hate to hear that that could have been there fate. I just ca't see Richard doing as such! But, I guess he had to do what he had to do. [B)]

Comment

Those '58 Packard wagons are my favorite of ALL station wagons. (I like the '57 Stude wagons almost as much)
            Hey Biggs, is that the one that Richard Foregay has? (I guess he still has it, I've not heard from him is quite some time). I know the car was for sale a while back though. If only...

Comment

Those '58 Packard wagons are my favorite of ALL station wagons. (I like the '57 Stude wagons almost as much)
              Hey Biggs, is that the one that Richard Foregay has? (I guess he still has it, I've not heard from him is quite some time). I know the car was for sale a while back though. If only...

Comment

Yup, Matthew - that's the one! I bought it from the original owner and he'd bought it new in Denver.

I wish I could have saved that thing. I heard they all got squished.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Yup, Matthew - that's the one! I bought it from the original owner and he'd bought it new in Denver.

I wish I could have saved that thing. I heard they all got squished.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Could you clarify a bit? Was it the car used in the Movie that got destroyed? Hope not--they are extremely rare. And, 58's are Classics, too! Well, aren't they?

Comment

Could you clarify a bit? Was it the car used in the Movie that got destroyed? Hope not--they are extremely rare. And, 58's are Classics, too! Well, aren't they?

Comment

Most assuredly, the 58s are "Classics". The one Matt and I are talking about IS the one that got smashed.[:I] It was a solid, unrestored example when I last saw it leaving my driveway some 25 years ago. I was leaving the Atlanta area and HAD to lighten my load.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Most assuredly, the 58s are "Classics". The one Matt and I are talking about IS the one that got smashed.[:I] It was a solid, unrestored example when I last saw it leaving my driveway some 25 years ago. I was leaving the Atlanta area and HAD to lighten my load.

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

What on earth would anyone crush such a beautiful car for? I'm confused. The car that got crushed, is it the one used in the movie? I don't even like that year of Packards and it makes me sick to my stomach to just think about it.

Lotsa Larks!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

What on earth would anyone crush such a beautiful car for? I'm confused. The car that got crushed, is it the one used in the movie? I don't even like that year of Packards and it makes me sick to my stomach to just think about it.

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X