56? convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56? convertible

Some of you have probably seen this posting on ebay. 1956 Studebaker convertible. No picture. I wonder what it will turn out to be. Little chance of being a convertible unless someones dream came true.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Would it be impossible to build a '56 conertible? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Could you take a Lark convertible and graft the '56 quarters or "rear-clip" to it? Is the windshield the same as an early Lark? Could you attach a '56 front-clip without too much trouble? I've seen '58 Edsel Rancheros and Pontiac Grand Prix El Caminos, etc. and always wondered about all the possibilities that exist to build "phantom" Studebakers with body panels that would interchange.

Comment

Would it be impossible to build a '56 conertible? Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Could you take a Lark convertible and graft the '56 quarters or "rear-clip" to it? Is the windshield the same as an early Lark? Could you attach a '56 front-clip without too much trouble? I've seen '58 Edsel Rancheros and Pontiac Grand Prix El Caminos, etc. and always wondered about all the possibilities that exist to build "phantom" Studebakers with body panels that would interchange.

Comment

Johnny,
        There's been discussions about building a 56-7-8 convertible by using an X-member frame and an early Lark body tub. I don't recall anyone ever having done it tho.[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Johnny,
          There's been discussions about building a 56-7-8 convertible by using an X-member frame and an early Lark body tub. I don't recall anyone ever having done it tho.[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I understood that Steve's very slick stock-looking red 1953 convertible (he a regular poster) was originally a 1956 GH.

Comment

I understood that Steve's very slick stock-looking red 1953 convertible (he a regular poster) was originally a 1956 GH.

Comment

I've often thought about building something like this, using a '60 Lark ragtop and a '56 Prez two door...

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I've often thought about building something like this, using a '60 Lark ragtop and a '56 Prez two door...

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matthew,

How'd you do that??? I've been wondering, if you attend a national meet again how about conducting a workshop to show some of us old timers how to do some of that? We may have most of the equipment already, but just don't know how to use it.

Comment

Matthew,

How'd you do that??? I've been wondering, if you attend a national meet again how about conducting a workshop to show some of us old timers how to do some of that? We may have most of the equipment already, but just don't know how to use it.

Comment

It's probably a Plymouth...and someone can't read.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

It's probably a Plymouth...and someone can't read.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Go backwards about 10 posts to the "another 58 hardtop for sale".
                            That one would make a fine convertible project.

Dan
                            52 hardtop

Comment

Go backwards about 10 posts to the "another 58 hardtop for sale".
                              That one would make a fine convertible project.

Dan
                              52 hardtop

Comment

Working...
                              X