Northern Lights (OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Lights (OT)

Went out last night to check on the Studebaker and there was a brilliant display of aurora borealis which I haven't seen for several years. Anyone notice? I don't know how far south that the lights are no longer visible.

I have seen rather intense aurora's in northern Illinois...
    Best I ever saw was on the 4th of July in northern Michigan.
    We took the boat upriver (St. Mary's)to the Soo and watched the 4th of July fireworks from the middle of the river (dodging lake freighters, and other reveler's)...
    On the 30 mile trip downriver afterwards, we saw a spectacular aurora show that made the fireworks show seem pale in comparison...
    Everyone in the boat was lying down on the seats watching the sky...
    (And here I was driving 40 mph trying to stay in the channel and not to hit an unlit channel bouy)
    You are a lucky person to see such a show!
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

Went out last night to check on the Studebaker and there was a brilliant display of aurora borealis which I haven't seen for several years. Anyone notice? I don't know how far south that the lights are no longer visible.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I have seen rather intense aurora's in northern Illinois...
      Best I ever saw was on the 4th of July in northern Michigan.
      We took the boat upriver (St. Mary's)to the Soo and watched the 4th of July fireworks from the middle of the river (dodging lake freighters, and other reveler's)...
      On the 30 mile trip downriver afterwards, we saw a spectacular aurora show that made the fireworks show seem pale in comparison...
      Everyone in the boat was lying down on the seats watching the sky...
      (And here I was driving 40 mph trying to stay in the channel and not to hit an unlit channel bouy)
      You are a lucky person to see such a show!
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Too cloudy down here on the Coast last night Art, but I have seen some impressive displays here on the Island. [8D] And to add some Studebaker content, I know this because I looked up on my way out to the garage last night to put a final coat of paint on my spare tire holder for the Transtar!

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Too cloudy down here on the Coast last night Art, but I have seen some impressive displays here on the Island. [8D] And to add some Studebaker content, I know this because I looked up on my way out to the garage last night to put a final coat of paint on my spare tire holder for the Transtar!

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

For those of you not sure what we're talking about, here's a pic i took in my yard one night:

Evan Davis
            Prairie Bulletin
            Saskatchewan Chapter
            Prince Albert, Sk
            Evan Davis
            Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

For those of you not sure what we're talking about, here's a pic i took in my yard one night:

Evan Davis
              Prairie Bulletin
              Saskatchewan Chapter
              Prince Albert, Sk
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Did not notice them last night. I have seen some pretty awesome sky shows in central Pa. but, certainly never as intense as those viewed farther north.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Did not notice them last night. I have seen some pretty awesome sky shows in central Pa. but, certainly never as intense as those viewed farther north.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                  X