A lowley coupe for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Lark Parker

From an eBay seller, I usually require a written essay.
    I've been using the "pop quiz" approach. When I required essays, I found many cheated and had outside help and/or used reference materials. I now just call the seller and ask them a standard list of 25 questions on spelling, word usage, sentence structure, grammar, and Studebaker Corporation history. The cars I have purchased with this method haven't been very good, but the comfort of knowing the prior owner was properly educated more than makes up for that.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's not that bad of a car...

We dragged in a free one a while back. It was slightly rustier though.

Check out that '56J steering wheel. [8D]

It's got a 259 in place of the 6.

I recently removed the driver side quarter panel, to be used on the GT Hawk. (That was the only usable sheet metal part on the car, and it needed work.) When I started taking it loose, the rocker panel and door sill just fell off. [:I] But we have rustier ones here... [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

It's not that bad of a car...

We dragged in a free one a while back. It was slightly rustier though.

Check out that '56J steering wheel. [8D]

It's got a 259 in place of the 6.

I recently removed the driver side quarter panel, to be used on the GT Hawk. (That was the only usable sheet metal part on the car, and it needed work.) When I started taking it loose, the rocker panel and door sill just fell off. [:I] But we have rustier ones here... [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I've been using the "pop quiz" approach. When I required essays, I found many cheated and had outside help and/or used reference materials. I now just call the seller and ask them a standard list of 25 questions on spelling, word usage, sentence structure, grammar, and Studebaker Corporation history. The cars I have purchased with this method haven't been very good, but the comfort of knowing the prior owner was properly educated more than makes up for that.

[)]

Excellent thoughts, Mr. Steinkamp. (Please excuse the sentence fragment.)
          Your way appears to be an improvement on mine.
          I particularly like the idea of exploring the seller's knowledge of the Studebaker Corporation history.
          If you don't mind, I'd like to adopt a few of your ideas into my approach.

Lark Parker
          If at first you don't succeed -- you will get a lot of advice.
          sigpic
          Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

[)]

Excellent thoughts, Mr. Steinkamp. (Please excuse the sentence fragment.)
            Your way appears to be an improvement on mine.
            I particularly like the idea of exploring the seller's knowledge of the Studebaker Corporation history.

Lark Parker
            If at first you don't succeed -- you will get a lot of advice.
            sigpic
            Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Didn't anyone else notice that it is missing two cylinders?

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
              '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
              '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
              Museum R-4 engine
              1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
              1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Didn't anyone else notice that it is missing two cylinders?

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                Museum R-4 engine
                1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I don't mind, Lark, but don't expect to obtain any pistine vehicles with my method. Generally you get too tied up scoring the answers to the 25 questions to actually evaluate the cars for sale. But, first things first of course.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

I don't mind, Lark, but don't expect to obtain any pistine vehicles with my method. Generally you get too tied up scoring the answers to the 25 questions to actually evaluate the cars for sale. But, first things first of course.

[)]

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Aoccdrnig to rseerach at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
                      the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a
                      total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
                      lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

PS: Hwo'd yuo lkie to run tihs by yuor sepll ckehcer?

Comment

Aoccdrnig to rseerach at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
                        the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a
                        total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey
                        lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

PS: Hwo'd yuo lkie to run tihs by yuor sepll ckehcer?

Comment

I've driven worse.

Comment

I've driven worse.

Comment

Lowely, Lowrey, Lowboy.... "Will the REAL Studebaker please stand up!"[)]

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Lowely, Lowrey, Lowboy.... "Will the REAL Studebaker please stand up!"[)]

Miscreant adrift in
                                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                                1960 Larkvertible V8
                                1958 Provincial wagon
                                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X