No announcement yet.

64 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's the same one, going around for about the fourth time![V] The beautiful Jet Green '64 GT Hawk with the "Hawk" nameplate stuck on the front fenders, the '53 Wire Wheel Covers, re-upholstered seats, the missing rear pan under the bumper with the exhausts hanging down too low and wrong extensions! [:0]

OH! did I mention they "used to say" it had a 283? and 350 THM Tranny, in which case some of the options that WERE shown on the Production order (now deleted) like wet air cleaner, viscous fan, original 4 Brl. Carb. and maybe Power Shift Auto. may NOT be there any more! And then there's the fact that as JDP said, they no longer mention the butchered engine, Mr. Schmitt may not be "Honest Joe" car Dealer!

And you ebayers get a deal, you don't have to pay the NADA $32,790.00,
    you can have it for only $24,900.00 !
    Quote: "this car has nearly every conceivable option available and is in collector quality throughout." -Yeah right, without the original engine, SHUUUUUUUURE![xx(]

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Maybe I'm thinking of another car, but I swore the last time it was listed it was "upgraded" a mouse motor. No mention this time though.
    StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yep, it's the same one, going around for about the fourth time![V] The beautiful Jet Green '64 GT Hawk with the "Hawk" nameplate stuck on the front fenders, the '53 Wire Wheel Covers, re-upholstered seats, the missing rear pan under the bumper with the exhausts hanging down too low and wrong extensions! [:0]

OH! did I mention they "used to say" it had a 283? and 350 THM Tranny, in which case some of the options that WERE shown on the Production order (now deleted) like wet air cleaner, viscous fan, original 4 Brl. Carb. and maybe Power Shift Auto. may NOT be there any more! And then there's the fact that as JDP said, they no longer mention the butchered engine, Mr. Schmitt may not be "Honest Joe" car Dealer!

And you ebayers get a deal, you don't have to pay the NADA $32,790.00,
      you can have it for only $24,900.00 !
      Quote: "this car has nearly every conceivable option available and is in collector quality throughout." -Yeah right, without the original engine, SHUUUUUUUURE![xx(]

Maybe I'm thinking of another car, but I swore the last time it was listed it was "upgraded" a mouse motor. No mention this time though.
      StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What a fraud, he must have thought. "Gee the engine swap may be hurting the value to a collector, so I'll pretend I forgot about it this time." It had to be intentional, because he dropped all the engine pictures.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
        63 Lark 2 door
        57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

What a fraud, he must have thought. "Gee the engine swap may be hurting the value to a collector, so I'll pretend I forgot about it this time." It had to be intentional, because he dropped all the engine pictures.

JDP/Maryland
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,839.60
          63 Daytona HT/4 speed
          63 Lark 2 door
          57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

BTW thanks for the NADA input, I'll get them to correct the Silver Hawk.
            Thanks, but you missed my point. I could look at 5 more NADA values and they would be just a bogus. Is the '62 Lark 4 door correct at $12k? If so, I'll sell you a bunch of them...and give you a $5k discount . A '55 hardtop worth 50% more than a '53 hardtop?

The prices really need to be ALL gone through in order for NADA to have any value to buying and selling Studebakers. Most are essentially worthless as is.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

BTW thanks for the NADA input, I'll get them to correct the Silver Hawk.
              Thanks, but you missed my point. I could look at 5 more NADA values and they would be just a bogus. Is the '62 Lark 4 door correct at $12k? If so, I'll sell you a bunch of them...and give you a $5k discount . A '55 hardtop worth 50% more than a '53 hardtop?

The prices really need to be ALL gone through in order for NADA to have any value to buying and selling Studebakers. Most are essentially worthless as is.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I wish it was that easy to fix, but advisor's are only part of the input. If a Ford guy reports a Speedster sale at 40K and misidentifies as a 55 hardtop, up goes the 55 hardtop value.I wish I had the time to report every error as it crops up, but I usually only do a dozen or so a year.

JDP/Maryland
                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                spent to date $62,839.60
                63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                63 Lark 2 door
                57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

I wish it was that easy to fix, but advisor's are only part of the input. If a Ford guy reports a Speedster sale at 40K and misidentifies as a 55 hardtop, up goes the 55 hardtop value.I wish I had the time to report every error as it crops up, but I usually only do a dozen or so a year.

JDP/Maryland
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,839.60
                  63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                  X