Woman restored Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman restored Studebaker

By axident (I really like that spelling!) I happen to see this, my kid (& I too) like steampunk stuff, & we bumped into this picture:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Steampunk Studebaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1761172
    & that led to this:
    https://driving.ca/studebaker/auto-n...57-silver-hawk
    sigpic

Josephine
    Champion V8
    4d sedan

Great Story. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

We had a gal in our chapter who restored her father's '49 Champion sedan with basically no help. As soon as it was finished, she put it in a car show, won a couple awards - and then quit the club... Real head scratcher.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

What a nice story. Kind of brings a tear to my eye.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Well yes, I'm pretty impressed myself, sadly way to few women understand what they're capable of if they just give it a try!
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

Nox, that picture brings two passions together that my wife and I share. We are also into steampunk. One of our first dates was going to a ren faire dressed in our steampunk finery. Alas, a Studebaker was not in my possession at that time, but we corrected that shortly thereafter.
            Mike Davis
            Regional Manager, North Carolina
            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I met a lady a few days ago in Mansfield who was very knowledgeable about Studes, including the mechanicals, and had recently purchased a 55 Speedster.

Comment

When I didn't have enough welding stuff I just used my friends welder but without gas & Josephine's custom face became kinda steampunky because all the "boiled welding fleas", & now I think I'll leave it like this for a while.
                (I thought I would put a picture here but that's not at all as easy as it used to be...)
                sigpic

Josephine
                Champion V8
                4d sedan

Comment

Hmmm... can't see how to edit a post... wonder how.
                  Anyway, gonna try to post a picture of Josephine's steampunky face here now:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	vabrååååå.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1802706
                  sigpic

Josephine
                  Champion V8
                  4d sedan

Comment

I kinda like the "boiled welding fleas". Never heard that term before. Lol.

Comment

Nah, I reckon I made it up while writing... We (swedes) call the little jumping droplets that comes while welding "welding fleas" as they mostly manage to jump into places & spaces on you where they aint wanted at all. You guys probably have a more properly fitting word for it..?
                      Mighty happy to see "edit" again!
                      Last edited by Noxnabaker; 09-20-2019, 02:03 AM.
                      sigpic

Josephine
                      Champion V8
                      4d sedan

Comment

Working...
                      X