title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• title

My son and I traveled from Florida to Kansas to buy a 1950 Studebaker. My son wanted to refurbish one since my father had a 1950 when I was young. The seller said he had a title but when we got there he didn't. He said we would have no problem in Florida getting one. Ha!....Quit laughing! I had no clue about an old car and my son is too trusting. He gave me a sales slip with the firewall and door jam number on it, which at the DMV they wouldn't look at. I gave him a cashiers check which I found out he wanted cash.....I wonder why! The car did have an inspection sticker on it dated 1988 from the state of Missouri. I hope someone can guide us. Thanks, Magbaker

You can always apply for a new title using broadway title out of Alabama. I had a freind do this recently here in FL and it worked out fine.

1957 Packard Clipper
    1958 Golden Hawk
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1963 R2 Daytona
    1963 R2 GT Hawk
    1963 R1 Wagonaire
    1963 R4 Avanti
    1964 Champ
    1966 Cruiser

Comment

You can always apply for a new title using broadway title out of Alabama. I had a freind do this recently here in FL and it worked out fine.

1957 Packard Clipper
      1958 Golden Hawk
      1963 Daytona Convertible
      1963 R2 Daytona
      1963 R2 GT Hawk
      1963 R1 Wagonaire
      1963 R4 Avanti
      1964 Champ
      1966 Cruiser

Comment

I know people who have used Broadway Title and have had good results. Some states will not accept the type of paperwork Broadway furnishes. You need to go to their web site and ask. But from the last post Fla seems to be OK with it. Good luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
        Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I know people who have used Broadway Title and have had good results. Some states will not accept the type of paperwork Broadway furnishes. You need to go to their web site and ask. But from the last post Fla seems to be OK with it. Good luck.

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
          Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

I did the same thing when I bought my truck. I ended up going to my insurance agent and purchased a "title bond". The state troopers came out and inspected the trucks identification numbers and ran the vins to see if it was stolen. Went to the DMV with my title bond and police report and was able to licenses the truck. It was a bit of a pain but it beat hauling the truck back across three states to get a title which I would then have to have transferred to my state. Hope this helps. Neal

Comment

Each state is different......AZ is a big pain as I'm sure others
              will atest to. They (MVD) wouldn't look at me,unless I had
              "the" title, or 2 back to back bill of sales, which I finally
              did, or pay for a "title bond" and wait 6 months for the state
              of GA, where the 64 Daytona came from, and AZ to work things
              out. Course AZ does have a high car theft issue and #1 in the
              US for ID Theft, which may lead to the MVD being picky!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Each state is different......AZ is a big pain as I'm sure others
                will atest to. They (MVD) wouldn't look at me,unless I had
                "the" title, or 2 back to back bill of sales, which I finally
                did, or pay for a "title bond" and wait 6 months for the state
                of GA, where the 64 Daytona came from, and AZ to work things
                out. Course AZ does have a high car theft issue and #1 in the
                US for ID Theft, which may lead to the MVD being picky!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Personally I've always been VERY leery of "weak" or nonexistent titles. Also numbers that don't quite match. But you can also get burned (badly) by FUNNY signatures on titles. Good luck. Also, I can't see how what Broadway Title does can be legal. But..........this is a funny world and funny things happen.......mainly because of "funny" people. Anyway, good luck.

wagone (once burned and hence very LEERY)

Comment

Personally I've always been VERY leery of "weak" or nonexistent titles. Also numbers that don't quite match. But you can also get burned (badly) by FUNNY signatures on titles. Good luck. Also, I can't see how what Broadway Title does can be legal. But..........this is a funny world and funny things happen.......mainly because of "funny" people. Anyway, good luck.

wagone (once burned and hence very LEERY)

Comment

Check with broadway first. If they can't help you, Email me off forum. NT

Neil Thornton
                      Hazlehurst, GA
                      '57 Silver Hawk
                      '56 Sky Hawk
                      '51 2R16 dump truck
                      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Check with broadway first. If they can't help you, Email me off forum. NT

Neil Thornton
                        Hazlehurst, GA
                        '57 Silver Hawk
                        '56 Sky Hawk
                        '51 2R16 dump truck
                        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I just bought a 66 commander from FL in janurary. The man I bought it from got the title from Broadway Idid not need title in Al no title before 74. Doug M

Comment

I just bought a 66 commander from FL in janurary. The man I bought it from got the title from Broadway Idid not need title in Al no title before 74. Doug M

Comment

In Florida you only need a notarized bill of sale, if from the proper state. Florida, Georgia and Alabama as well as others will work.

Stephen Cade

Comment

Working...
                              X