PA Studebaker monument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Studebaker monument

Where is the Studebaker monument located near Gettysburg?

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Gary contact me outside of here and I will provide you directions that will gaurantee that you won't get lost. Anyone who wishes to go to 'HALLOWED GROUND' and pay their respects is always a good friend of mine. I can also provide you with directions to the original PENN LAND GRANT grounds of Clemens, one of the two brothers and a cousin who set foot in the colonies on September 1, 1736 in the Port of Philadelphia. He is the great-grandfather of the five Studebaker boys Henry, Clement, John M, Peter and Jacob. The first three wer e born on the site that you are looking for.

See you in the future as I write about our past
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Gary contact me outside of here and I will provide you directions that will gaurantee that you won't get lost. Anyone who wishes to go to 'HALLOWED GROUND' and pay their respects is always a good friend of mine. I can also provide you with directions to the original PENN LAND GRANT grounds of Clemens, one of the two brothers and a cousin who set foot in the colonies on September 1, 1736 in the Port of Philadelphia. He is the great-grandfather of the five Studebaker boys Henry, Clement, John M, Peter and Jacob. The first three wer e born on the site that you are looking for.

Comment

Hey Don,
        That area of south east Pennsylvania is certainly "hallowed ground" where the Studebaker family established themselves so long ago. Lancaster is ideally suited to visit the historic Studebaker sites. Recall back in 1978 three of us Aussies staying at the East Berlin house after the SB Meet. Stinking hot at night & we had two of the three upstairs bedrooms but certainly no air con in the old building. One of us in desperation slept on the old Peter Studebaker bed with straw mattress just to get the slight breeze via the window.
        Back in the days when Isabelle & Bobby Lau owned the building.
        Look forward to meeting you at Lancaster. That #140 Avanti magazine was worth waiting for. Thanks.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
        MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Hey Don,
          That area of south east Pennsylvania is certainly "hallowed ground" where the Studebaker family established themselves so long ago. Lancaster is ideally suited to visit the historic Studebaker sites. Recall back in 1978 three of us Aussies staying at the East Berlin house after the SB Meet. Stinking hot at night & we had two of the three upstairs bedrooms but certainly no air con in the old building. One of us in desperation slept on the old Peter Studebaker bed with straw mattress just to get the slight breeze via the window.
          Back in the days when Isabelle & Bobby Lau owned the building.
          Look forward to meeting you at Lancaster. That #140 Avanti magazine was worth waiting for. Thanks.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
          MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Jim, #141 is now on the wya to you so let me know when you get it. Also make sure you look at page #51 as i think you will see something that is familiar to you. No doubt you will see me in Lancaster, just look for the guy dressed as an 19tg Century Blacksmith with a full beard.

It is a shame that when the Lau's house and belongings were sold by the family about 15 years ago much of the material owned b the keystone Chapter was also sold as their property in error and we lost much of the historic stuff we had accumulated from the very early Studebaker family days.

Comment

Jim, #141 is now on the wya to you so let me know when you get it. Also make sure you look at page #51 as i think you will see something that is familiar to you. No doubt you will see me in Lancaster, just look for the guy dressed as an 19tg Century Blacksmith with a full beard.

It is a shame that when the Lau's house and belongings were sold by the family about 15 years ago much of the material owned b the keystone Chapter was also sold as their property in error and we lost much of the historic stuff we had accumulated from the very early Studebaker family days.

Comment

Working...
              X