Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Welcome From the Michiana Chapter to South Bend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Welcome From the Michiana Chapter to South Bend!

On behalf of the Michiana Chapter, we would like to welcome you to South Bend this upcoming weekend for our 38th Annual May Meet. We have a lot of changes designed to make this the best Swap Meet and Car Show ever. Since everyone shares cars, trucks, and other pictures, I thought we would share some pictures of what the Meet looks like in it's new form, and some new places, before everyone gets here. A new place for outside vendors, a second building, new place for the Car Corral, and most important a new and improved Starlite Cafe, in a new location. If you are coming to South Bend, welcome! We hope you enjoy your time in South Bend.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bob Henning; 05-01-2019, 06:01 PM.

I would think that it would be the Starlight Cafe in keeping with the Studebaker theme.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hi Gary. For that you win a Jawarski Sausage Sandwich from the Starlite Cafe brought in fresh each morning by Jim Maxey. Winner must be present. We can't mail your prize. Seriously, if you're there it's on us.

Actually, it's a "Play on words" because the Michiana Chapter has just a few items, and although good food, its a "Lite" version of a Cafe. And now you know the rest of the story. I made that observation a long time ago, and when they told me why they named it that, I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand and went, "Duh".

Comment

Looks great! I am making last minute plans to attend. As a person who works in agriculture and also a weekend farmer, I usually do not get to attend as this is prime planting time in Illinois. However, we have had 3-5 inches of rain in the last three days, there won’t be much planting going on now for several days. We should be in South Bend tomorrow afternoon. Can’t wait! My brother is tagging along with me. He is into cars too. Mainly as a spectator. I keep telling him he needs to find a collector car. He is even busier than I am with owning his own business and being my weekend farmer partner.
        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Well SHUCKS!!! If I could, this morning, I would already be somewhere near Knoxville winding my way north. The last time I was able to attend, I came up early enough to show up at the fairgrounds and help vendors set up their tables. However, life events have intervened again and I will not be able to make it. Even though I remained optimistic to the last minute by changing the oil in my truck and paying a real garage to check my work and assure me that my air conditioner system was up to standards.

Yesterday, my family doctor gave me my annual physical and apparently gave me an optimistic report because he made another appointment to see me "next year!" So,health-wise, I should be fit to make the trip.

So, I wish all that can attend a wonderful time. I hope all vendors are able to return home with more money than you came with, and buyers return home with exactly the treasures you were hoping to find!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Sent you a pm

Comment

Really wishing I could have gone this year, but have too many irons in the fire. Hopefully some pictures turn up on Facebook, or even on here. Everybody enjoy!
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Heading to the car corral early this morning with my 57 Commander.

Comment

Wondering how muddy the fairgrounds will be. We got a ton of rain here and the ground is real soggy.
                  59 Lark Regal 2Dr Hardtop
                  51 Champion 2Dr Sedan
                  27 Ford Roadster
                  Harleys, Mustangs and other Goodies

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead49 View Post
                    Wondering how muddy the fairgrounds will be. We got a ton of rain here and the ground is real soggy.
                    Wish I could attend and find out myself?!

Although, I don't live in the nearby my recollection is that there's plenty of agriculture going on in the area and it shouldn't be too difficult to locate someone with a tractor & chain to help anyone who needs towing out of a bog. In fact, perhaps even a friendly Amish gent with a team of draft horses.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      Hopefully some pictures turn up on Facebook, or even on here. Everybody enjoy!
                      Earlier this week I saw one or two posts from a few vendors.

This morning SDC has been doing a nice job posting TONS of videos on their FB page...
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                        Earlier this week I saw one or two posts from a few vendors.

This morning SDC has been doing a nice job posting TONS of videos on their FB page...
                        I was just over there looking at some videos, fell completely in love with Joe Molnar’s red ‘62 Daytona!

Thanks in advance for those who take the time. Smart phones plus Facebook make it so easy, and the video comes out great!
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Good day at the swap meet. There is lots of stuff here inside and outside. We didn't buy much, but we delivered a number of things to new owners.
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            I was just over there looking at some videos, fell completely in love with Joe Molnar’s red ‘62 Daytona!

Thanks in advance for those who take the time. Smart phones plus Facebook make it so easy, and the video comes out great!
                            Joe would make you the proud owner. It is a very solid car.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                              Joe would make you the proud owner. It is a very solid car.
                              I would love to own it. Even matches the new enclosed trailer! :-) Got much bigger fish to fry this year though…
                              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X