late model Studebaker trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• late model Studebaker trucks

Anybody remember the Studebaker trucks that were available a few years back, maybe 2010-2012 or so? Seems like they used Ford running gear and were one-ton rated. I looked just now and could not even find a picture anywhere on the 'net of one. I'm pretty sure a handful were reported to have been built and sold. Built in GA, where Avanti IIs were/are if I remember correctly? Prices were around 50K?
    thom

Maybe this will help

:http://blog.consumerguide.com/what-w...tudebaker-xuv/

It was tied to the Avanti in Georgia until Michael Kelly was indicted on fraud. Never as far as I know ever hit the road. I do remember seeing some pictures around the time the prototypes were presented.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

Wasn't there an issue with this Studebaker SUV kind of thing in that it looked too much like either a Jeep or Hummer? Some legal issue as I recall.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

As I recall, the single prototype that made the rounds of auto shows was not even drive-able. Not sure if it even had a drive train.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

See the link posted by Bob, above.
          Last edited by Peanut; 04-05-2019, 08:45 PM.
          ~Matt Connor
          '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I saw it at the Avanti booth at the Chicago Auto Show

Comment

The Avanti Motors Studebaker XUV was at the Chicago Auto Show in 2003 and 2004.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude XUV2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1725910 Click image for larger version

Name:	Stude XUV1.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1725911 Not even CLOSE to looking like a Hummer, only the Low side windows, and you can NOT sue for that.

I always wondered why Ford did not Sue over the really neat and unique Fusion and Focus Grille Design with the Arrow "V" shaped ends, which was directly copied by Hyundai, Toyota and others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018_Ford_Focus.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1725913 Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-Hhyundai-Sonata.jpg
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1725912 2018 Hyundai Sonata
              2018 Ford Focus
              Last edited by StudeRich; 04-05-2019, 07:58 PM. Reason: Added Make, Year and Model
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                The Avanti Motors Studebaker XUV was at the Chicago Auto Show in 2003 and 2004.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79929[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]79930[/ATTACH] Not even CLOSE to looking like a Hummer, only the Low side windows, and you can NOT sue for that.

I always wondered why Ford did not Sue over the really neat and unique Fusion and Focus Grille Design with the Arrow "V" shaped ends, which was directly copied by Hyundai, Toyota and others.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79934[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]79932[/ATTACH]
                These are newer cars. The Fusion on the left is at least a 2016, because it was 'refreshed' for 2016...and it looks just like my 2017.

It seems to me that GM threatened to sue over the design of this Studebaker 'Hummer' like SUV

People complain that the Fusion grille is a rip-off of the Aston-Martin grille. At one time, Ford owned Aston-Martin.
                Last edited by WinM1895; 04-05-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

It does look influenced by the armoured personnel carrier of WWII. IIRC this spent a few weeks at the Studebaker Museum as well. So very sad this man couldn't make a go of it. I think he would have been much better off with a retooling of the Lark, Wagonaire and Champ pickup.
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                  X