Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling a truckload of Studebaker parts at Mansfield: Not possible these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling a truckload of Studebaker parts at Mansfield: Not possible these days?

I am not a vendor and need to make room at home and return empty. If there is any interest in an item, I will close!

I did this when the national meet was in Gettysburg in the 70's and sold every last single piece I took. I came back empty. All around 33% of the going price and a few as low as 10%. I had a 8' Fleetside Chevy PU w/cap loaded solid. I brought back $600. (It was my friend's truck. He was trying to sell a steering box and came back with it.)

However, that was then, this is now. My fear is that I couldn't return empty if I gave the stuff away - which I've seen at Reedsville.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

NOTE: I'm 45 min East of Pittsburgh just off the PA Turnpike, it might make more sense to line up sales of big items and people coming from the East can stop on their way back home. In fact, this might be the least risk and drama. I'm 66 and don't do drama anymore.

I see in the latest TWs there is a zone meet in Syracuse NY mid August , you may want to consider there as well.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

There is also the Dunkirk meet one week after Mansfield , List your stuff on the forums and see what kind of response you get , Ed

Comment

If you want to come to Mansfield anyway, pre-selling some items to deliver is a good way to go. I have done this before and it helped pay expenses and leave some for buying things I needed.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by tomhoo View Post
          I am not a vendor and need to make room at home and return empty. If there is any interest in an item, I will close!

I did this when the national meet was in Gettysburg in the 70's and sold every last single piece I took. I came back empty. All around 33% of the going price and a few as low as 10%. I had a 8' Fleetside Chevy PU w/cap loaded solid. I brought back $600. (It was my friend's truck. He was trying to sell a steering box and came back with it.)

However, that was then, this is now. My fear is that I couldn't return empty if I gave the stuff away - which I've seen at Reedsville.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

NOTE: I'm 45 min East of Pittsburgh just off the PA Turnpike, it might make more sense to line up sales of big items and people coming from the East can stop on their way back home. In fact, this might be the least risk and drama. I'm 66 and don't do drama anymore.
          We welcome you to join us in Mansfield, Ohio for the 55th International Meet of the Studebaker Drivers Club on September 11-14, 2019, to vend parts to the largest marketplace of Studebaker owners. Register at www.sdcmeet.com and be with us at the meet!

Comment

I feel you are trying to predict the results of your sales efforts this year based on what you experienced before. I hardly think that makes a lot of sense. Too many variables to realistically do that, imho. For example, much depends on precisely what you have to sell, as well as where. Somethings no one wants... at any price. It may well take more work now than previously for all sorts of reasons. I wish you the best in any event.

Comment

We're always looking to buy parts inventories. Do you have a list?

Comment

Working...
              X