Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Wagonaire owner

Hi All
    My son and I are trying to track down the original or last owner(we believe the wagonaire was a one owner)
    It was last registered in 2011 in California.
    Obviously it was driven up until then.
    It was delivered by West Bay motors the dealer in Burlingame CA.
    Apparently the owner around that time was a member of the SDC, I would tend to think the Sequoia chapter.
    We would love to hear from anyone who could assist, it’s a well and strangely optioned car.
    Max & Mitch

Originally posted by MaxR3 View Post
    Hi All
    My son and I are trying to track down the original or last owner(we believe the wagonaire was a one owner)
    It was last registered in 2011 in California.
    Obviously it was driven up until then.
    It was delivered by West Bay motors the dealer in Burlingame CA.
    Apparently the owner around that time was a member of the SDC, I would tend to think the Sequoia chapter.
    We would love to hear from anyone who could assist, it’s a well and strangely optioned car.
    Max & Mitch
    More information will help a lot. You may not have the Serial Number, but at least give a description of the Wagonaire. What model ( a Daytona?)? Which engine? What transmission? What color in/out? What are some of the strange options?
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Do you HAVE said Wagonaire?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hello,

Finally got back to this so here is some info to get the ball rolling:

Year: 1963
        Model: Wagonaire
        Trim Level: Daytona
        Serial No. 63V14092

Exterior Colour: Silver Mist
        Interior Colour: Chestnut (Matching Inserts)
        Engine: 259 V8
        Transmission: Auto Flightomatic
        Options:
        Power steering, Tinted glass all windows, Electric tailgate, Clock, Climatizer, Undercoating, Electric window wiper, Climatizer, AM radio push button, Front and rear wings, Front bump, Wheel discs, Individual front seats, Non-standard axle ratio (3.07), Sold rush.

I purchased this car out of California in 2017 and imported it to Australia to conduct a complete restoration to factory spec. The car is in very original condition with only 30,000 miles, minus the common wagon rust in the tailgate and rear fenders. The previous owner didn’t provide me with any information on the car’s history so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

The car was originally delivered to Westbay Motor Co. in Burlingame, CA.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Will post some photos of the restoration when I am next at the computer.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Arbrew
        Melbourne, Australia.

Comment

Mitchell:
          I looked on the Wagonaire Registry to see if there were any Wagonaire owners from CA that I might send your question to on the chance they might be of any help. I only have one Wagonaire registered from California but maybe that will help.
          Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

Great advice, thanks for the help! I will shoot you an email to follow up and see if that owner could assist me.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Arbrew
            Melbourne, Australia.

Comment

Working...
            X