Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1961 Hawk 4 speed , complete car, in Central Fla CL ad- roughish .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Hawk 4 speed , complete car, in Central Fla CL ad- roughish .

I know nothing....

Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

"original 302 V8"?
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

JRoberts Must be one of those with the Ford Motor.

Comment

It looks like it could be just the ticket to get Jake into fins! Just get the price a little more reasonable and supply some engine compartment pics. I don't recognize the wheels but someone has spent some dough on them.
        Luck to the next owner as it certainly doesn't appear to have been butchered, just neglected. A 289 with a stick would make a nice driver. A little TLC and elbow grease would make it into a reasonable looker without breaking the bank.
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
          A little TLC and elbow grease would make it into a reasonable looker without breaking the bank.
          Bill
          Looks like a rust bucket to me. Nothing a thousand hours of labor and $5000 in parts won't fix.

Comment

"Looks like a rust bucket to me. Nothing a thousand hours of labor and $5000 in parts won't fix."

And what's your point?

Comment

Boy is that tempting... A beater Hawk with a 4 speed to drive the snot out of? Who wouldn't have a grin on their face.. Bolt on a better trunk lid, go over the mechanicals, throw in some late model junkyard bucket seats...

I better stop before I find myself hooking up the car trailer.
              Last edited by mbstude; 11-15-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

That would be an OK deal at the right price, more like $2500-$3000.00 or less.

In Central Florida, you can probably expect it to be worse than it looks.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,
                  We're getting excited. Someone could pull the trigger for about $4,000.00 - $4,500.00 and I hope less, but in it's condition, worse have been brought back from the jaws of the crusher.

Comment

There aren’t very many of these cars left. Weren’t many to begin with, for that matter... I guess we Stude people are so used to having rare cars we don’t give it a second thought, but compared to many “Rare” Chevrolets, these cars are made of “Unobtanium”. 4-speed ‘61’s? My memory tells me there were only about 400 built... Compare that to your typical “Rare” muscle car!
                    1950 Commander Land Cruiser
                    1951 Champion Business Coupe
                    1951 Commander Starlight
                    1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
                    1953 Champion Starlight
                    1953 Commander Starliner
                    1953 2R5
                    1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
                    1957 Silver Hawk
                    1957 3E5 Pick-Up
                    1959 Silver Hawk
                    1961 Hawk
                    1962 Cruiser 4 speed
                    1963 Daytona Convertible
                    1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
                    1965 Cruiser
                    1970 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      Boy is that tempting... A beater Hawk with a 4 speed to drive the snot out of? Who wouldn't have a grin on their face.. Bolt on a better trunk lid, go over the mechanicals, throw in some late model junkyard bucket seats...

I better stop before I find myself hooking up the car trailer.
                      Please, not another Frankenstude.
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by drrotor View Post
                        There aren’t very many of these cars left. Weren’t many to begin with, for that matter... I guess we Stude people are so used to having rare cars we don’t give it a second thought, but compared to many “Rare” Chevrolets, these cars are made of “Unobtanium”. 4-speed ‘61’s? My memory tells me there were only about 400 built... Compare that to your typical “Rare” muscle car!
                        Yep, probably MUCH rarer than many of us realize, being so used to seeing lots of Studes. that the Majority of others never see!

I do have to say that I am liking that VERY RARE Metallic BLUE on this Hawk a Lot!

WHEN did you EVER see a '61 Lark OR Hawk in that Color surviving? If so it was probably the ONLY one you've seen!

Just a Fantastic Color. it is every bit as beautiful as the similar 1958 Packard Only, Mountain Blue Metallic.

I am guessing Most '61 Hawks were White, followed by Flamingo, Autumn Haze, Red, Light Tan, and Black, but Blue and Green, not so much.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It looks like it may have originally been Riviera Blue. Still a nice, rare color for a Hawk! I do think there was a Burlington Blue metallic offered for late 1961 production in Canada.

Comment

When the trunk rusts on the bottom edge, very hard to replicate the corrugated horizontal depressions once the section has been cut out,
                            my car has had a repair their with a flat sheet graft & is missing 2 lines off the bottom, has anyone completed this type of repair successfully,

regards, Cus
                            sigpic

Comment

the door jams look like Riviera Blue, I had a 62 GT that color, it's an rare outstanding color.

Comment

Working...
                              X