Now HERE (was) a bargain (IMHO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

I'm beginning to think more like JP everyday. I came close to hitting the BIN. The BIN price was $12,500. The vinyl seats saved me.
    Allen
    Unless one was buying it to immediately re-sell for a higher dollar, its a car someone can enjoy as a 'rolling restoration'. Once the bank account is built up again in a years time or so, then the chroming and re-upholstering can be done in stages. In 2 years, the lucky owner will have a correctly done, mint Speedster.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

I'm beginning to think more like JP everyday. I came close to hitting the BIN. The BIN price was $12,500. The vinyl seats saved me.
      Allen
      Unless one was buying it to immediately re-sell for a higher dollar, its a car someone can enjoy as a 'rolling restoration'. Once the bank account is built up again in a years time or so, then the chroming and re-upholstering can be done in stages. In 2 years, the lucky owner will have a correctly done, mint Speedster.

Craig

Comment

I see the buyer's been buying Hawk stuff recently, also bought from Bob Petersen, and a couple things from JDP last July. Anyone know who it might be?

It'd be interesting to hear more about the car.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I see the buyer's been buying Hawk stuff recently, also bought from Bob Petersen, and a couple things from JDP last July. Anyone know who it might be?

It'd be interesting to hear more about the car.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

The seats were done in the original color and pattern. If they were done in a quality vinyl, I think that I would accept them as-is.
            Reminds me of an SDC International First Place Packard Hawk that has vinyl, not leather, done in the original pattern for the seats.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The seats were done in the original color and pattern. If they were done in a quality vinyl, I think that I would accept them as-is.
              Reminds me of an SDC International First Place Packard Hawk that has vinyl, not leather, done in the original pattern for the seats.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Bob, you are NOT helping.

/would it be sacrelige to drop an R1 into a Speedster?

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Bob, you are NOT helping.

/would it be sacrelige to drop an R1 into a Speedster?

--
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                  X