Just Wondering Why Studebaker Made a Seperate Land Cruiser Owner's Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wondering Why Studebaker Made a Seperate Land Cruiser Owner's Manual

I don't see anything different about my owner's manual for the Land Cruiser vs. my Commander manual, other than the name on the cover. There are no Land Cruiser pictures of the rear vent windows, nor mention of them. In fact the convertible section is still in the Land Cruiser manual, which seems strange that it wasn't left out.

They probably only changed the cover to make it special. The car was actually the Commander Land Cruiser anyway.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Since the Land Cruiser was top of the line, I guess the company wanted to treat the car like it was something special, hence the special booklet.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        They probably only changed the cover to make it special. The car was actually the Commander Land Cruiser anyway.
        I've never researched it, but I wondered if Studebaker ever called it a Commander Land Cruiser, or if they only referred to it as a Land Cruiser?

Comment

That's probably correct, do you really need to know how to operate the Rear Vent Windows or use the fold down Rear Armrest?

I think it was always an unwritten "Given" that it was a Commander, but always called only a Land Cruiser.
          I remember Mechanics Illustrated Editor Tom McCahill saying after one of his awesome test drives of a 1954, something like:

These Cars are a LOT more Car for the money than the other Cars in their Class: Mercury, Buick, Olds, Pontiac, maybe Desoto.

And, he was Lov'in those Self Energizing Wagner 11 Inch and 10 Inch Brakes, better than Most all others.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 08-16-2018, 01:03 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I noticed recently that the Land Cruiser owner manual has a section for convertible top operation. I’m still trying to figure out how to put the top down on my ‘51 LC.

Comment

Working...
            X