Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you backed into something with your 64-66 "Lark" - no worries - SI can help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you backed into something with your 64-66 "Lark" - no worries - SI can help...

Was in South Bend today and could not resist taking a photo of their stash of 64-66 rear bumpers...think they were $35...

If only the matching trunk lids were as plentiful.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Will those fit on a '60 Lark???

Comment

Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
        Will those fit on a '60 Lark???
        For $35 dollars each (have to pick up on site), there is only one way to find out...

The thing that make them rear only for '64-'66 is that they have two holes in the middle location on each side because the license plate bumper guards were located there and an extra hole on each side for the plate light wiring to go through...

Comment

Only $35? Is that price for every 64-66 rear bumper or for a select few with defects? $35 sounds too good to be true!
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

most of the 64 bumpers I've seen for years have been factory rejects, surely serviceable, but not perfect, usually rough edges arround the bends, at $35 you can do a lot of fixing.

Comment

From what is visible I count roughly 500 bumpers. Are there that many 64-66 cars left even worth of such adornment? $35 is a great price but I'm guessing the greatest group to prosper is the shipping companies. All the Studebaker surplus still available 52 years after they cease to manufacture surely must be worthy of an episode on some car related show.
              '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by mike cenit View Post
                most of the 64 bumpers I've seen for years have been factory rejects, surely serviceable, but not perfect, usually rough edges arround the bends, at $35 you can do a lot of fixing.
                The number of rear bumper here makes me think it was more than a case of factory rejects - it is almost like a couple weeks before production ended in Hamilton, they received the rear bumpers needed to finish to the end of April. Remember being upstairs at N&A in 1996 and seeing racks with hundreds of '64 - '66 hoods. On my trip the other day I even found a entire pallet container full of Champ 3spd columns...and the truck I am trying to get back on the road has a column that was ripped in two at some point in its history... yeah for me!

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                  The number of rear bumper here makes me think it was more than a case of factory rejects - it is almost like a couple weeks before production ended in Hamilton, they received the rear bumpers needed to finish to the end of April. Remember being upstairs at N&A in 1996 and seeing racks with hundreds of '64 - '66 hoods. On my trip the other day I even found a entire pallet container full of Champ 3spd columns...and the truck I am trying to get back on the road has a column that was ripped in two at some point in its history... yeah for me!
                  Nice find! As for Studebaker International moving, did they give you any information?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                    Nice find! As for Studebaker International moving, did they give you any information?
                    Location wise, they are going to split the inventory between Shelbyville and Hope, IN, with the eventual retail location being located in Hope. Time wise, Corey got a real "deer in the headlight" look when I asked him about how long it would take...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                      Location wise, they are going to split the inventory between Shelbyville and Hope, IN, with the eventual retail location being located in Hope. Time wise, Corey got a real "deer in the headlight" look when I asked him about how long it would take...
                      I'm saddened by their leaving South Bend, as going to their store was always one of the highlights of visiting South Bend. Hope looks like a nice little town and I hope (pun intended) to visit one day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        I'm saddened by their leaving South Bend, as going to their store was always one of the highlights of visiting South Bend. Hope looks like a nice little town and I hope (pun intended) to visit one day.
                        Exactly! That was always where I went and spent most of my money while attending the South Bend Studebaker swap every year. Sure going to miss them.

Comment

Concur....running back & forth between SI and the fairgrounds was just part of the 1rst weekend in May for the past several years....what will we do now???

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                            Concur....running back & forth between SI and the fairgrounds was just part of the 1rst weekend in May for the past several years....what will we do now???
                            According to Google Maps, it is only a 3 hour and 10 minute drive down highway 31....
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X