Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this Lark brings over 18 K....my Avanti has to bring 40k!!!...and I know it can not!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=55s;1116461]That is a very cute good looking convertible. Why not $18K. //////////////// I spoke with the seller. He has had the car for a year.He is not a studeophile. He was not able to offer me any real insight as to the cars condition/history. He may be a flipper hoping for a windfall. The car does photograph nicely. Looks like ermine white and is vinyl interior not leather. The only way that I would consider buying that car at a lower price say 13 K is by having it professionally inspected by me or someone else and I ain't goin there. I was hot to trot for that car but have since cooled down only after speaking with the owner. I have bought 5 cars on ebay from pictures only and by briefly talking to informative owners. Home run on all 5. cheers jimmijim
    Last edited by jimmijim8; 07-01-2018, 04:06 AM.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Did the ad change? I see a Lark hardtop and no $18K mentioned.

Comment

The ad ended.
        Originally posted by studefan View Post
        Did the ad change? I see a Lark hardtop and no $18K mentioned.

Comment

Well you made my point.......buying a pig-in-a-poke is playing with fire......and most will get BURNED!! BTW, my father was stationed for a bit in Dothan, Ala during WW2......said it was a lovely beautiful place.....at least it was in 1942:-)[QUOTE=jimmijim8;1116505]
          Originally posted by 55s View Post
          That is a very cute good looking convertible. Why not $18K. //////////////// I spoke with the seller. He has had the car for a year.He is not a studeophile. He was not able to offer me any real insight as to the cars condition/history. He may be a flipper hoping for a windfall. The car does photograph nicely. Looks like ermine white and is vinyl interior not leather. The only way that I would consider buying that car at a lower price say 13 K is by having it professionally inspected by me or someone else and I ain't goin there. I was hot to trot for that car but have since cooled down only after speaking with the owner. I have bought 5 cars on ebay from pictures only and by briefly talking to informative owners. Home run on all 5. cheers jimmijim

Comment

Yep - ad is no longer up. This is all the photos I copied from its original ad on Ebay in August 2017: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...10#post1070910

Comment

A pig in a poke purchase is scary fer sher. But not all sight unseen purchases are bad. I simply would not go that route on a top of the line price.
              I don't think 18K is too much to pay for a car like that, but as said above, not without my eyeballs on it first. And then again, only if that's the car I'm looking for for myself. There's no room on the other side of 18K, that's certain.
              sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                Why not 40k for my Avanti??.....two owner example and I have had her since 1967!!
                Your statement is not descriptive of a car and certainly has no bearing on market value. A long time second owner Avanti may be worn out/used up or it may be in excellent condition.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You must assume I am a MORON!!.....I stand by the above statement...my car has won many awards over the years, and has been garaged kept since 1965. Who are you to say what my car is or is not?????? I find many of your "assumptions" over the many years to be questionable....going all the way back to shows I attended up in Wappengers falls with the LI Chapter........you really should put your brain in gear before you open your mouth, or in this case take to the pc keyboard:-( And I shall repeat...if that Lark brinks 18K, then my Avanti demands 40K.
                  Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  Your statement is not descriptive of a car and certainly has no bearing on market value. A long time second owner Avanti may be worn out/used up or it may be in excellent condition.

Comment

Sal.....If I were to purchase that car sight unseen, then Tony Soprano truly was in the "waste management business".
                    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                    A pig in a poke purchase is scary fer sher. But not all sight unseen purchases are bad. I simply would not go that route on a top of the line price.
                    I don't think 18K is too much to pay for a car like that, but as said above, not without my eyeballs on it first. And then again, only if that's the car I'm looking for for myself. There's no room on the other side of 18K, that's certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                      You must assume I am a MORON!!.....I stand by the above statement...my car has won many awards over the years, and has been garaged kept since 1965. Who are you to say what my car is or is not?????? I find many of your "assumptions" over the many years to be questionable....going all the way back to shows I attended up in Wappengers falls with the LI Chapter........you really should put your brain in gear before you open your mouth, or in this case take to the pc keyboard:-( And I shall repeat...if that Lark brinks 18K, then my Avanti demands 40K.
                      I didn't say anything about your Avanti and its worth. It may be worth more than $40K. If you read my statement, without trying to read some other meaning into it, I merely stated that the description of long time owner does not describe condition or value. I was referring to the statement, not you or your Avanti.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                        silver car:

Grey car:

Very different colors.
                        YES! Number One is Chrome, and #2 is Silver.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Gray '57 Parkview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1721247 You want Gray, we got Gray! Click image for larger version

Name:	Liz Montgomery'58 4 Dr1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	1721248
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          YES! Number One is Chrome, and #2 is Silver.
                          My silver pocket watch, flatware and coins, all look like car #1, as did the silver sheet I used to use at work, unless dirty and oxidised. The only cars I've seen that I would call "silver" have been polished metal, or silver plated (yes I've seen one, but gold is more common). All the "silver" painted cars I've seen are just varying degrees of grey metallic.

Comment

Lark has been relisted.

Has a lot going for it in my opinion. Convertible. V8. AC. What's not to like?
                            $18k? Who knows. As has been mentioned, not much of a description. Would merit an in person inspection (or professsional inspection if you can't get there) for someone in the market for a very nice (maybe) Lark VIII.

Comment

Hawklover, Let's see this Avanti of yours, or did I miss your pictures? Dan

Comment

Lynn, that is the gist of what I said.....who would spend 18K with no inspection, AND the seller tells us NOTHING about the NATURE of the car, and a regurgitation of the history of the Lark is not what needs to be said about the car!
                                Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                                https://www.ebay.com/itm/20235719096...m=202357190969

Lark has been relisted.

Has a lot going for it in my opinion. Convertible. V8. AC. What's not to like?
                                $18k? Who knows. As has been mentioned, not much of a description. Would merit an in person inspection (or professsional inspection if you can't get there) for someone in the market for a very nice (maybe) Lark VIII.

Comment

Working...
                                X