Sunnen Honing Machine up for auction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunnen Honing Machine up for auction.

This may be of interest to some of the engine builders here. A Sunnen Model MMB-1290D is being offered on a sealed-bid sale by GCSurplus Canada, at Ralston, Alberta (aka Suffield military base NW of Medicine Hat). Condition unknown, but appears to be complete, and a cabinet full of tooling comes with it. Not something I want or need, but I am willing to bid on behalf of of interested Forum members. Starting bid is $250 CDN.

Anyone interested can PM me, or go to the GC Surplus website, get an account, and bid on your own. I won't be bidding against anyone on my own account.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Those were very excellent Machines, most Quality Made in USA, maybe some in Canada.
    I am familiar with the Model used for Fitting Pistons to Wrist Pins, not sure if this is it.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That's Sunnen of St. Louis, MO.
      A true one man success story, Mr. Sunnen's first product was a tool to install valve spring retainers (in flatheads), without pinching your fingers.
      He bolted an engine block to the running board of a mid-late '20's Hudson with a sort of camper conversion, and he and his wife drove the Midwest
      demonstrating and selling that tool at every garage/repair joint they found.
      20 or so years ago somebody at Sunnen realized that the camper portion was still in the rafters. They bought the same sort of Hudson, and recreated the rig!
      Between Mr. Sunnen, Mr. Moog, and Mr. Dyke (of Dyke's Manual fame) St. Louisians did a lot for the automotive business.

Comment

Working...
      X