Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day: What will be on your stone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Been married (to the same woman) for 47 years now. She is a farmer's daughter, and the farm is on the southern banks of the beautiful Cimarron River. When we got married, I moved her north of the river. She has been trying for all these years, without luck, to get me to move to the farm.

She has purchased two grave sites close to the farm.

I reckon mine will read something like, "I finally got him south of the river."
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

No stone, no gravesite. Too much of our land is devoted to corpses, or what's left of them, so I leave it to my survivors to create their own. Hopefully, they'll use the word "fabulous" in it.
      peter lee

Comment

My deceased wife and I will share the existing bronze plate which will only need a passing date by the 1933. The markers are flush which makes for easy mowing. My friends like to kid me and say, "Bob is being busy!" If I had a headstone it could say, "Bob isn't busy!"

Carol loved the Avanti. After the Memorial Day parade in Niles I drove out to Mission Hills Memorial Gardens and pulled up by her grave. I gunned the engine for Carol and it made a little old lady nervous. A parade on a 90 degree day is demanding on an antique auto and that is probably why there were only two cars.
        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
        X