Another non-Stude project link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another non-Stude project link

Last year I shared a link for my Lincoln friend Barry Wolk's build of a car-hauling trailer; here:

Now he's on to the resto of his 68 Lincoln Limo,and is again documenting the work in great detail in an ongoing thread.

May not be a Stude, but it's still a great resource for learning how to get started on a project and how to tackle various operations.

As with the trailer project, it is L O N G. Here's the link:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

I tried to tell him, but he said he didn't know how to build a tow dolly- so he had to go with the trailer. Fool.

Be sure to read about the part where the trailer started whipping back and forth, slapped a barrier, and did major damage to his $100K Porsche inside

Never get that with a dolly!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I tried to tell him, but he said he didn't know how to build a tow dolly- so he had to go with the trailer. Fool.

Be sure to read about the part where the trailer started whipping back and forth, slapped a barrier, and did major damage to his $100K Porsche inside

Never get that with a dolly!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Wanted to bump this for those who missed it...

Of particular interest is Barry's methods for fixing rust in difficult areas- the RIGHT way[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Wanted to bump this for those who missed it...

Of particular interest is Barry's methods for fixing rust in difficult areas- the RIGHT way[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

That is a fun thread, Bob! Thanks for posting the link.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

That is a fun thread, Bob! Thanks for posting the link.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Barry is a craftsman and the results show it.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Barry is a craftsman and the results show it.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Comment

Amazing thing about Barry is, he has no training in this type of work; just the ambition to tackle it and learn! A self-made, very successful businessman, he could just write a check for any and all of this; but chooses to do the work himself, for the love- and satisfaction- of it[^]

Here's his last project, the trailer he built to haul his toys; WARNING: It is L O N G- shows the entire build!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Amazing thing about Barry is, he has no training in this type of work; just the ambition to tackle it and learn! A self-made, very successful businessman, he could just write a check for any and all of this; but chooses to do the work himself, for the love- and satisfaction- of it[^]

Here's his last project, the trailer he built to haul his toys; WARNING: It is L O N G- shows the entire build!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thanks for your kind words Bob.

Since Stude owners seem to appreciate style I have a question for all, "Black or Blue?"

I asked my friend Shift 507 to Photoshop out the panels on the second door. Here's the original first, and then his first alteration.

He made the window full-size but it needed more work so I sent him back to the drawing board.

I then asked him to get rid of the coach light and make that panel stainless steel.

The window lacked definition so I asked him to frame it in brightwork, like the other windows. Now we're getting somewhere.

In an attempt to make him totally crazy I asked him to get rid of the vinyl top.

Then I asked him to repaint the car black and the blue of my Mark II.

The final touch was the addition of the Lincoln Mark V turbine wheels. Is it better in blue or black?

Thanks again Shift!

"Money is no good until you spend it."

Comment

Thanks for your kind words Bob.

Since Stude owners seem to appreciate style I have a question for all, "Black or Blue?"

I asked my friend Shift 507 to Photoshop out the panels on the second door. Here's the original first, and then his first alteration.

He made the window full-size but it needed more work so I sent him back to the drawing board.

I then asked him to get rid of the coach light and make that panel stainless steel.

The window lacked definition so I asked him to frame it in brightwork, like the other windows. Now we're getting somewhere.

In an attempt to make him totally crazy I asked him to get rid of the vinyl top.

Then I asked him to repaint the car black and the blue of my Mark II.

The final touch was the addition of the Lincoln Mark V turbine wheels. Is it better in blue or black?

Thanks again Shift!

"Money is no good until you spend it."

Comment

You've got the wrong color blue, you need a Midnight Blue, one that looks black.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
                            Tom Bredehoft
                            '53 Commander Coupe
                            '55 President State Sedan (Under Construction) 122 hrs.
                            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                            All Indiana built cars

Comment

You've got the wrong color blue, you need a Midnight Blue, one that looks black.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
                              Tom Bredehoft
                              '53 Commander Coupe
                              '55 President State Sedan (Under Construction) 122 hrs.
                              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                              All Indiana built cars

Comment

Working...
                              X