Is There Anything Interesting Here? Found Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Anything Interesting Here? Found Parts

In another thread, I mentioned that the 64 Commander I got from an auction was filled to the brim with boxes. Along with a set of Champ rims and 64 front end parts, there were boxes of new parts that appear to be very old. Is anything worth keeping?
    Thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4BB37B02-7774-4780-8824-70A5839D8B6B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1757727Fuel and Oil Lines

Name:	8362FB97-3D4B-4112-BB13-268D6D73F9B6.jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1757728Generator Parts

Name:	A2C73B0C-D60F-40AD-A595-CB9DF5865A5B.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1757729Starter Parts

Name:	75569724-F404-4A78-8BE4-D3F50BE11940.jpg
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1757730Click image for larger version

Name:	7ED590B0-BFB7-4A5B-A899-9562143695FA.jpg
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1757731 Mufflers

Here are a few more

Name:	C1B8C383-3322-4EB8-9795-66F246AC225F.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1720378Click image for larger version

Name:	7A487FFD-22C5-4A5B-B8B0-B32F6954D28D.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1720379United Motors Service labeled parts, primarily ignition parts and generator brushes.

Name:	DB9EC252-99B7-4432-A18C-B273041E4ED0.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1720380Misc parts, fuel bowls, wiper arms, Carb

Comment

If you are a CAR guy... ALL of it!

The universal Glass Packed and Steel Packed Truck Mufflers work on anything.

There is no way to tell WHAT you have in all those Gen. and Starter Parts Boxes, probably some expensive Armatures, and Bearing end plates, Brushes, Brush Springs, Bushings all needed to rebuild Starters and Generators.

A Parts Catalog for the Brand of those Electrical Parts would be most helpful to I.D. them.
      You need to inventory them by Name and Part Number, that stash could be worth several 100 Dollars and probably not a lot of Stude. Parts, who knows!

None of it enlarges enough to tell What you have, sorry.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, You are correct on all things! Luckily, just about everything boxed is labeled with part numbers. Maybe I can find a United Motors Service interchange catalog.

Comment

The fuel and oil lines would be suspect. They are probably brittle from age. The rest is possibly worth a bit to someone.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

If nothing else good shop decorations.
            American iron, real old school
            With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
            With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
            With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
            The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
            I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

Those horns are wicked awesome. You should certainly use those on one of the cars you're building. They would sound incredible.
              sals54

Comment

Toss the oil and brake hoses, Justin. Everything else has definite value.

Properly cataloged and marketed, you'll be able to get your money back for the whole car several times over. You might contact Randy Rundle at Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts and see what he'd offer for the whole lot of electrical components, or tell you where to market them as a lot to a rebuilder. He advertises regularly in Turning Wheels, in the classifieds.

Nice stash in the right place but don't move the brake, fuel, and oil hoses any farther than to the nearest dumpster. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What can be found in trunks can be amazing. I bought a very rusty 51 Caddie convertible about 20 years ago and found a load of stuff in the trunk including some of those two scooped air cleaner housings and a decent set of stainless steel wire wheel hubcaps which I sold for an amazing amount, IIRC over $300.
                  Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I was once roaming through a large wrecking yard here in Virginia. I opened the trunk of a '55 Studebaker sedan and found a '57-58 Golden Hawk supercharger setup. Fortunately, the owner was absent and an assistant priced those parts and some other Studebaker parts to me for $25. It never hurts to look!
                    -Dwight FitzSimons

Comment

Went through and old box of radiator hoses that were like bricks to find a SAMPLE of a 57 G hawk radiator hose. That hose will help set the restoration straight. . If you want to toss it, toss it my way... I'd venture to buy any of the old stuff as I have a buddy that has nothing but 1920's to 1932 Studes and he has those old books.

Comment

I have been pleased with what I have bought from this vendor: http://www.then-now-auto.com/

Maybe something could be worked out with them, and they would do the identifying.

Comment

Listed as shown on eBay should garner a $100 + to an electrical guy...

Comment

Your Hoses

Don't throw away the Imperial Hose holder and the hoses. Clean the hose holder (very gently - perhaps plain water - paint may come off, instead of just coming clean), and hoses. You know what is printed on most cleaning products - try to only use any cleaning product on a small inconspicuous area first.
                            Keep it, as it makes a very nice wall hanger display for your garage!

George Rohrbach
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Georger; 04-23-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Dwight Fitzsimons Now didn't you feel just a little bit guilty? Sounds like a great find.

Comment

Working...
                              X