No announcement yet.

Hello again everyone (Lark Project)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob. You may beat me yet. Interior bill/plan hasn’t been finalized. Matt no interior yet, wiring, insulation (Hushmat), hang rest of the sheet metal. Lots to do still. Appreciate the comment on the stance, important for sure and think I got that spot on in the beginning - air ride helps if it needs a little tweak

Everyone enjoy the holiday.
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Lark takes its first breath, #HolleyDominator EFI controller, Sanderson Headers.

Tanks Inc Mustang EFI ready fuel System
      Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 06-16-2018, 04:21 AM.
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

This is a bad project! Love those first generation Larks! You've put a nice spin on it. I like what you've done with the front end, too. Excuse my ignorance but where are the front turn flashers now? Are they built into the headlight assembly? The paint color is just right for this custom Lark. I'm looking forward to your finished project. My 9 year old Grandson says to tell you, "you rock!"...and I have to agree with him. Thanks for the update and posting.

Comment

Kevin,

This is a sweat looking car. I appreciate your sharing the progress with the forum. Are you a member of the local SDC there in Kansas City. I am a member of the Ozark Trails Club south of you a little. When you get the car on the road we would love to have you bring it to one of Orphan Car Shows in Branson, MO. They are in September and I know your car would WOW the general public and other Studebaker enthusiasts. I look forward to more updates. I loved the video you produced of the start-up of the engine. Was that you setting in the drivers side on start-up? If so, you are quite a bit younger than most of us in the clubs. Keep up the great work.

Charlie D.

Comment

Wow! What a paint job! I have to admit I don't like gray...but, man did you hit a home run with that paint job! When all is said and done, I think it'll be understated, yet impressive. I like the contrast! You do great work!

Comment

T J - Tell your grandson he "rocks" for liking Studebakers in the first place, and thank him for looking in on the project. The front turn signals will be placed behind the radiator grill. This originally was a dual headlight car but replaced with NOS single light sheet metal.

Charlie - Thanks for watching the video, while I am younger than the average Stude owner (43) I am not in the video that's posted, that's a tech that works at the Hot Rod shop analyzing the computer during the video. Great people in the Local Chapter, they have reached out before and when the project and I have more time I hope to do more with surrounding events. Including the Orphan show.

StoneDog - Thanks, and well stated on your part, "Understated, yet impressive" that was a goal all along, some sort of classic color that will not be trendy and nothing too over the top done to the Lark. I would say that no custom touches done to the car are new or ground breaking in the customization world, just new, (for the most part) to the choice of car before you.

Hence the cars name ChopStu - Stew in a culinary sense contains lots of differing ingredients people like. You mix and match all the differing flavors that you like in order to create a personal favorite.
              ChopStu doesn't have all the ingredients everyone likes, it may have ingredients no one likes, however it has all the ingredients I like. That's really the crux of the hobby, making vehicles and memories your own way.

As always I thank everyone who look in on the projects pictures. Happy belated Fathers Day to all out there.
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

4961 We thank you for your response. Nice move with the turn signals. I let my Grandson read your response and his eyes lit up. He looked up at me and said, "He thinks I rock, Gramps." I assured him he definitely does!

Comment

Its your car... do it the way you like. Great work and quality build. Call me when you are tired of it.
                  Bob
                  Bob
                  Welland Ontario
                  60 Lark Convertible
                  64 Daytona
                  sigpic
                  "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Any forward movement to report? I'm itchin' for an update!
                    ~Matt Connor
                    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

The Guy that did the body and paint work on my Car in 73 filled in the this Fender seam with a Torch and coat hanger. I thought later, how would I ever replace these rear fenders? It looked cool though.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	filled seam_LI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1725042
                      Last edited by daytonadave; 01-24-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X