Hamilton Built 1963 Lark Horn Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Built 1963 Lark Horn Button

I took this picture of a horn button with a maple leaf (see below) on a 1963 Lark 2-Door Sedan at a meet in October --

The car was assmbled in Hamilton, Ontario (according to the information placard with the car).

Is this a Canada market item or some kind of a custom horn button?

It looks like a regular 1963 horn button except for the maple leaf and the word "Studebaker" under the leaf.

If custom it is nicely done --
    Attached Files
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

That is a 'custom' horn button.

There is a member in Edmonton who places those 1953-58 Hamilton-only maple leaf dash emblems in the later Lark horn buttons. It may have come from him at one time.

Craig

Comment

A Major clue is those Black surrounds were not available yet in '63, but that IS a very impressive looking Horn button.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Canada adopted their new (current) flag in 1965. It might have been a nice touch to use the new stylized maple leaf somewhere on the '65 and '66 models.

Comment

Back in the day, probably around 1980, I had a 65 Lark model with the maple leaf logo on the horn button as well. I hadn't thought about this until a few days ago which led me to this thread. However, my horn button wasn't black and gold, but a large solid bright green maple leaf with a gold/silver background. I wish I could provide more information about the logo or the car but 1980 is just ages ago.
          Best,
          Rick

Comment

-15-20 yrs.ago I scrapped a 56-57 Champion that had one on the glove box door,I see them now & again will let U know if I do

Comment

Back in 1968 when I first joined the club and had a 57 Silver Hawk the came out of Canada and there was a gold maple leaf in the glove box door, I removed it and later put it in a 64-66 horn button, I think I still have it some place around here.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Intresting to note that there are 3 different part nos. for this emblem...at least if I'm reading the body parts catalog correctly...

2999994vp
                311039vp
                1314986vp

I wonder what the difference was...I can't find any illustrations of the parts.
                cheers, junior
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Please forgive me for the non Studebaker post.
                  Had a argument with a longtime friend years ago about me buying a VW. He was vehemently against buying a foreign car.
                  I showed him that my VW was built in Pennsylvania. And that he in fact had bought a foreign car! He was driving a Mercury Gran Marquis. To prove it I opened his drivers door and there as big as life was the Canadian Maple Leaf and the words “assembled in Canada” all you hear were the crickets.
                  sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                  Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                  "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    Intresting to note that there are 3 different part nos. for this emblem...at least if I'm reading the body parts catalog correctly...

2999994VP
                    311039VP
                    1314986VP

I wonder what the difference was...I can't find any illustrations of the parts.
                    cheers, junior
                    I sure don't have one of each to compare, BUT what I can tell you is they are all from different years, 299 & 311 are Pre-1956 and 1314 is '56 and Later Part Number Series, AND All are Gold and Paint (VP).

UPDATE: I just found ANOTHER Maple Leaf Emblem!
                    The Tiny little Emblem on the '56 and '57 Sedan and Wagon Radio Speaker Grille is: 1540791.

These are close to 1 Inch in size, like the Stude. Crest on the U.S. Cars.
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-31-2019, 04:39 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                    X