Extra engines that need to leave my garage and live in yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Roy,

whereabouts in California are you? I'm in the North Bay Area. I'd be interested in one of the big commanders sixes.

Comment

Redwood City, about a mile from Studebakers West.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Have a buddy here who sold a Packardbaker engine to a fellow near St. Louis. The buyer showed up in a rented Impala and put it in the trunk and drove off. The seller was also a friend of Leonard Shepherd, one of us may have posted about it at the time. Maybe Craig can dredge it up...

Comment

Originally posted by DougHolverson View Post
          Will the two big 6s fit in back of a Impreza? >:3 I'm almost tempted.
          I bought home a 350 SBC (for my Daytona) in the back hatch area of a '91 Mazda 323. Get the weight as far forward as possible. It also gives this weight less of a running start if you have to apply the brakes hard.
          Attached Files
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Have you thought about donating these engine to a local High School shop class. Donated a complete 259 V-8 with everything, including an engine hoist and engine stand, Shop teacher thought he could get some use from it (haven't checked back this year). Just a thought

Comment

Pretty sure there are no local high school auto shop classes around here any more. The last one I knew about closed over twenty years ago.

Do you think young folks would want to learn how to work on a flat head six instead of an overhead cam engine?

Come on folks. Someone must want a free engine (Commander six) that is supposedly rebuilt or a Champion six.
              Last edited by RadioRoy; 01-18-2018, 06:59 PM.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

Comment

How long can you hold the 245? I am planning to go down to LA and would have to pick it up on the way back.
                Rob

Comment

As high school shop classes go away, they often combine into a 'skills center' that serves the whole region.
                  Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by mapman View Post
                    How long can you hold the 245? I am planning to go down to LA and would have to pick it up on the way back.
                    Rob
                    If you willing to set a date and keep it, we can come to an agreement. My email is in my profile and I prefer email to this forum's PM function.

Comment

Do you have a '51 flat head six?.....does it come with a '51 business coupe attached?
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

As a price comparison to Roy's offer, there is a 226 C.I. Studebaker motor out of a 1948 Commander on eBay now for $895.00 EBay 323022546158.
                        Perry
                        \'50 Business Champion
                        \'50 Starlight Champion
                        \'60 Lark Convertible,
                        \'63 GT R1,
                        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I've got a 52 Champion engine also. Same price - free.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                            Boys, they are free. Figure out how to come and get them, please.
                            No kidding, right? Strapping one to a pallet, dock to dock shipping is not that outrageous.
                            sals54

Comment

Now that I have got my room in South Bend in May I might be able to help some, I will be driving my dodge ram truck and maybe pulling my trailer if I sell one of the cars I have for sale. Since I will be out of my shop on June first the May meet will work out perfect for me to load up lots of the parts I still have here and see if I can help pay for the trip. Once I get back from S/B every thing I have left will go to scrap. One other car I have is the 1964 Daytona hardtop 95% rust free California car, this is the car I was going to change into a 66 hardtop the car Studebaker should have made. Over the years I have collected the needed parts to make this happen, right now the car is sitting in the shop with front end off, rear fenders off, rear end out, and no engine, seat are out and redone in black NOS 64 style also have NOS door panels. The car will be going into another storage building I have if not sold, there is 4 nice doors, extra rear fenders, and hoods, the trunk is perfect along with the 2 single head light front fenders also still have the original pair of 64 .fenders.
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Are you coming up i-80? Could you drop off a motor near Omaha?
                                1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                                1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                                1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                                1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                                1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                                1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Working...
                                X