Diecast models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diecast models

Does anyone know if there are diecast models (or any model for that matter) of the Studebaker Lark? I've been scouring the internet to no avail. I'd like to pick up a model as close as possible to my '63 Lark VI. Any leads would be appreciated!

I am pretty sure that I have a plastic model of a 1962 convertible.
    I have many metal models of various Wagonaires (being 1964s, they are technically not Larks).
    I only have a couple of hundred models as sort of a sideline thing. I am not as much into it as some others are. There is also Geary's book on Studebaker models (somewhere around here) that should really answer your query.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Nat,
      The nearest I can find in Jim Geary's " Toy Treasures " is a '63 Hardtop unbuilt kit plus a '63 Convertible unbuilt kit both manufactured by Premier USA.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

There was a company named Highway Travelers that made 1962 Larks. I have a greenish convertible in my collection. I am also pretty sure Brooklin Models makes either a 1959 or 60 two door Lark. Go to eBay and I believe if you search on a regular basis you'll see what has been made and still available.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Surfpilot, are you looking for a particular scale? I collect 1:18th scale and have not yet found a Lark in die-cast. There may be some available in other scales.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I think the Shrock's might be up to 1962 with their Lark replicas.
            The Premier '63 Lark is the same as their '62 which is a horribly retooled version of their '59-'60 they had sold earlier. The box is the best part of it.

Comment

Hey...an opportunity for a great learning adventure. Buy a 3D printer, appropriate software, (cad, cam?) print out a mold, and pour your own die cast. For me, I'd be happy to merely print out a plastic scale model. For me, it would be an enormous learning curve. Before I could get to the learning curve, I'd first have to find the right "Learning Road!"
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I was hoping to find something (anything) in my year and model, but it's looking like a strike-out. I've located some convertibles and even a '59 Lark 2-door. Doesn't seem like anyone ever made a model of the 63 lark VI. If anyone ever comes across one, let me know! In the meantime I'll be researching 3d printers

Comment

You can try contacting the Shrock brothers. They may be doing a '63 by now, doesn't seem like they update their website often.

I thought I just found a 3d 63 but it's a 64. I think it's just the files, neat to see though.
                  3D model of Studebaker Daytona convertible 1964 available for Download in FBX, OBJ, 3DS, C4D and other file formats for 23 software. Model is ready for render.
                  Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 11-14-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                    You can try contacting the Shrock brothers. They may be doing a '63 by now, doesn't seem like they update their website often.

I thought I just found a 3d 63 but it's a 64. I think it's just the files, neat to see though.
                    https://hum3d.com/3d-models/studebak...vertible-1963/
                    Perfect. I'll contact them. Thanks

Comment

Brooklyn Models makes a few different diecast Larks but they're all '59s. They're all right around $100
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                      X