stromberg ww carb rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stromberg ww carb rebuild

just ordered a carb rebuild kit from stude intl for my 64 daytona. any tips for rebuilding this type of carb?

There is nothing special about this carb, Clean it real well and pay attention to the float level adjustment , There was an article recently on the forum about cleaning agents , It sounded interesting but I haven't try them yet , You can do a search , I just went over my64 Daytona in anticipation of drive your Studebaker day this Saturday , Ed

Comment

If you do not have the Stromberg Metering Jet Tool, do not attempt to remove them.

Last edited by StudeRich; 09-07-2017, 09:21 AM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This is an extremely easy carb to rebuild. A can of carb cleaner is all you should need. As mentioned, set float level to factory spec (3/16") and be sure to lubricate the throttle plunger before attempting to insert it. Avoid carb cleaner on leather. Special note: do not pump on the accelerator with a dry float chamber as you can tear the leather on the plunger. Fill the float chamber first with fuel before working the throttle. You can spray the jets to insure they are clear but like Rich says, without the removal tool you'll do damage. I've rebuilt a lot of different carbs and this one's a piece of cake. Enjoy!

Comment

Make sure that the check balls are installed! Larger one drops in below accelerator pump, smaller one below special screw that holds discharge jet. I have probably rebuilt hundreds of these WW Strombergs over the years, and more than once I have found these missing due to a previous rebuild.
          Also, use the correct base gasket, the one with a notch on the outer edge of the throttle bore opening. The notched feature, one each side, supply vacuum to the choke system. If blocked using the incorrect gasket, then no flow of heated air to make the choke function.
          Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 09-07-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

good info guys, thanks!

Comment

oil the leather pump plunger before install, then a tsp of oil in the chamber after insertion....

Comment

Working...
              X