Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 Packard Clipper parts

Hi Guys and Gals.
    I'm brand new to your club. I have a body shop in Northeast Iowa. I am currently working on an 1975 Packard Clipper.
    I am looking for a hood for one for my customer. I am hoping your club can help us out.
    Thank you for your time

Welcome to the forum. Just to be clear, you have a 1957 Packard clipper sedan, yes?
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Hello and welcome to the club and forum.
      As I am a owner of a 1957 Packard Clipper as well.
      I've had some success searching for parts over to the Packard forum.
      Through them I was able to locate a Hood and left front fender through a connection I received there.
      And you can place a want ad on the Studebaker Swap Page.
      I was also told during my search that a Hood from a 1957 Studebaker President would fit with altering the holes from Studebaker to Packard?
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

In MN. Last time I checked, I had a nice black one on an upper shelf. I will need to check and advise.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you need any other parts?

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
          I was also told during my search that a Hood from a 1957 Studebaker President would fit with altering the holes from Studebaker to Packard?
          It ought to fit, but keep in mind--- SP beefed up the Packard hoods in that area for some reason or another...
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

That would explain why my original Hood rusted all along that inner tubing structure. East coast car.
            The replacement hood I found was from a car from the California 🌵 desert.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

You might try Roscoe Stelford in Hampshire Illinois. He ended up with a "lot" of Packard Pparts.

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

http://www.studebakerclubs.com/stelfordsinc/

Comment

Thank you guys! I will follow all of your leads. I will also follow up if and when I do finds somthing.

Comment

I am interested to know what you might have 58Packardwagon.
                    as of right now I don't know of any other parts needed. As per customer request I will get it running again. Has been in storage for about 25 years. I had the supercharger rebuilt and ready to go in. Just need to get back to it and finish ignition tune up.

Comment

Been in SDC since the 70's and I do not recall ever seeing a 57 Clipper for sale. I can only assume that they are such nice cars that no one who owns one would willingly want to part with it. We have a 58 which we really like; it is so ugly that it is cute. It is a wonderful driving car; it rides sooo nice and handles well too. Why do modern cars have to ride like a buckboard???

Comment

Just wondering if this car is green and has AC. If so it might be my uncles old car- the geography and timing fit

Comment

Have you had a chance to look if you have one? I am very interested. @ 58packardwagon

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeffry Cassel;1069202]Been in SDC since the 70's and I do not recall ever seeing a 57 Clipper for sale. I can only assume that they are such nice cars that no one who owns one would willingly want to part with it. We have a 58 which we really like; it is so ugly that it is cute. It is a wonderful driving car; it rides sooo nice and handles well too. Why do modern cars have to ride like a buckboard???[/Q

I think the 57 Packards look great and even better then the 57 Presidents .. But I have to agree with you on the 58's ... They are so ugly, but I just have to look lol . The 58 Packard line looked better then the Studebaker line except for the Hawk of course .
                            Love my Lark

Comment

I have a 57 Clipper parts car here

www.studebakersite.com
                              Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                              X