NOS power stearing control valve 61 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOS power stearing control valve 61 Hawk

Hi, I am in need of a NOS p.s. control valve for my 61 Hawk if any one has one or knowledge of where I could find one it would be appreciated.

Thank you

If you explain why you think you need the whole thing, we may be able to come up with a more doable fix for yours since; "they don't make these anymore."
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

unless terminally damaged... a good used one with new seals should be fine. Every lubricant place on these cars will eventually leak.... that's what big cardboard boxes are for... Dave T. probably has a few in his garage.....or WCD garage....

Comment

Part number for the valve is 1551365. Someone, somewhere, has an NOS one. Posting here is a good start.

Originally posted by jackb View Post
        ....or WCD garage....
        Bob sold his parts inventory to Stephen Allen's.

Comment

65 Mustang uses the same system. The spool valve is made the same. If you order a Mustang spool valve, also order the seal kit. The seal are larger.

Comment

The Mustang spool valve is a different size, and the parts are not interchangeable with Studebaker. You can use the whole thing however.
            To put it on the Stude pitman arm, you have to take the thing apart completely anyways. There is nothing magic about rebuilding a Stude steering control valve. You just have to make sure there are no nicks or scratches in the bore, or on the valve. Be sure to replace, or at least reface the hose flare seats.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
              65 Mustang uses the same system. The spool valve is made the same. If you order a Mustang spool valve, also order the seal kit. The seal are larger.
              Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Thank you, it will be attempted.

Comment

Thank you for that information

Comment

Thank you for the part number and information.

Comment

Thank you for that information

Comment

Thank you for that information, I am using the big cardboard box method as we speak.

Comment

The bore is pitted and has been cleaned up the best as possible with new seals installed, it is better at this point but their is still room for improvement. I am looking for perfection possibly but hoping for something that is probably not possible more than likely. Thanks for your input.

That is why I was looking for NOS.

Comment

Working...
                          X