No announcement yet.

Tired of people running up on my tail to "see what it is"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe she just had a speech impediment & was really saying "Your car looks right sweet!".......

Comment

LOL. Most people ask "What kind of car is that?" "Who makes those?" It never fails that every time I pass a wino they yell "Studebaker!".
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

About six years ago (when Bess was actually running and stopping) I would get this a lot at the controlled traffic stops on Buckhorn summit (hwy 299). People would get out of their cars and run forward to look and call back to their car, "I don't know, it only says Parkview!" I would lean out the window and tell them it's a Studebaker. Once I get the old girl back on the road, my plan is to get the Studebaker script from S.I. and put it on the tailgate. Yeah, yeah, I know not year specific, however the other motorists will likely appreciate it. Funny how Studebaker seemed to be somewhat ashamed of their name at that time...

I haven't ever had anyone want to see under Bess' hood. Frankly I'd likely consider it rather rude. Something akin to asking for a look at my underwear...
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The closer you get, The slower I go !

Comment

As Josephine is standing without engine I drive my -69 Citroen AMI6 (goole...) & on autobahn from Holland to Sweden last week I got seriously angry when they actually slowed down to look when I was about to overtake!
            I'm having that a lot usually; seeing them in the mirror & then it suddenly takes a while untill they actually passses me cuz they're so amazed that such an old car actually worx to drive even if it's a clowdy day & in normal speed...
            Last edited by Noxnabaker; 07-13-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
              As Josephine is standing without engine I drive my -69 Citroen AMI6 (goole...) & on autobahn from Holland to Sweden last week I got seriously angry when they actually slowed down to look when I was doing 130 km/h & was about to overtake!
              I'm having that a lot usually; seeing them in the mirror & then it suddenly takes a while untill they actually passses me cuz they're so amazed that such an old car actually worx to drive even if it's a clowdy day & in normal speed...
              And here in North America............ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqNl7tdLR4

Craig

Comment

Reminds me of a story from the 70's. PO of a r2 hawk got passed by a Corvette. Being a former dirt tracker he didnt like it. So he put the Hawk right on the Corvettes rear and put his face against the windshield. Scared the guy when he looked in the rear view mirror.

Comment

i've had that problem, especially with the '40 Champion. didn't really mind it unless they got too close. i installed turn signals with a emergency flasher. turning on the flasher backed them off. in the Avanti, i'd just floor it.
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I don't have any of these problems, perhaps I am too busy ignoring people.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0199.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1715585 get a truck. They can read the name from afar.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        I don't have any of these problems, perhaps I am too busy ignoring people.
                        My vote for the best response!
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                        X