150K 1955 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150K 1955 coupe

BTW, what's with all the high starting bids lately ? I have not been able to bid on a Studebaker on ebay for over a month since many are way over priced. here's another: (62 GT Hawk)

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Of the 43 completed listings for Studebakers on eBay Motors, only 10 have sold and 7 of them sold for less than $2,500.00.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Of the 43 completed listings for Studebakers on eBay Motors, only 10 have sold and 7 of them sold for less than $2,500.00.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Call me critical, but if a guy wants $150K for a car, I would hope that he could at least learn to spell and proof read his ad. If he does not pay attention to those details, did he do the same on the car. While I realize there is probably no correlation between car building skills and writing an ad, I am turned off by obvious mistakes. Here are a few of his:
        • Wich is as follows.
        • Beautiful Pen striping
        • Duel exhaust
        • it has even won three curzing awards over the last four years in Southern California

Decimal Dude (disgusted at the lack of education in today's society)

The body of the ad provides no details on the build or the type of components that would warrant the price. With only 5 pictures and none showing any of the drive train components or the interior, he is just wasting his listing fees.

Comment

Call me critical, but if a guy wants $150K for a car, I would hope that he could at least learn to spell and proof read his ad. If he does not pay attention to those details, did he do the same on the car. While I realize there is probably no correlation between car building skills and writing an ad, I am turned off by obvious mistakes. Here are a few of his:
          • Wich is as follows.
          • Beautiful Pen striping
          • Duel exhaust
          • it has even won three curzing awards over the last four years in Southern California

Decimal Dude (disgusted at the lack of education in today's society)

The body of the ad provides no details on the build or the type of components that would warrant the price. With only 5 pictures and none showing any of the drive train components or the interior, he is just wasting his listing fees.

Comment

The pictures are worthy of a 20 dollar item.

LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

And of such poor quality that the color of the car changes between them.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

And of such poor quality that the color of the car changes between them.

Comment

And the guy (I ASSUME) with the 62 GT says to "acquire the bill sheet." For a starting bid of 16 large you'd think he'd know the difference between a bill and build sheet. Now if he had a starting bid of 5K I could see that he might not be in tune with what he is selling. I imagine that if he asked the museum for the "bill" sheet they just MIGHT not know what he is referring to.

wagone

Comment

And the guy (I ASSUME) with the 62 GT says to "acquire the bill sheet." For a starting bid of 16 large you'd think he'd know the difference between a bill and build sheet. Now if he had a starting bid of 5K I could see that he might not be in tune with what he is selling. I imagine that if he asked the museum for the "bill" sheet they just MIGHT not know what he is referring to.

wagone

Comment

I have seen this car once at Fifties Fever in Winnemucca, NV a couple years ago, I can't recall the exact year. It's nice but not 150K nice. The thing that really stuck out in my mind is that the paint had a bunch of flaws. I can't remember what the engine looked like and can't really recall what the interior was like, sorry. It's weird that he doesn't have more pictures of the car with such a high starting bid but then again it looks like he is new to ebay. Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

I have seen this car once at Fifties Fever in Winnemucca, NV a couple years ago, I can't recall the exact year. It's nice but not 150K nice. The thing that really stuck out in my mind is that the paint had a bunch of flaws. I can't remember what the engine looked like and can't really recall what the interior was like, sorry. It's weird that he doesn't have more pictures of the car with such a high starting bid but then again it looks like he is new to ebay. Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

C'mon John! With all those "improvements"??? Bargain!

Gary, I've been the recipient of some curzing awards myself. The earliest I recall involved a bar of soap![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

C'mon John! With all those "improvements"??? Bargain!

Gary, I've been the recipient of some curzing awards myself. The earliest I recall involved a bar of soap![xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X