Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sill Plates for Late Model 4-Door Sedans

Hey Folks --

I am trying to locate a full set of 4 sill plates front and rear for a 1964 Commander 4-door sedan that match -- they could all be aluminum or all be stainless steel, but they need to match --

As far as I can tell none of the usual vendors offer matching sets -- best I can find is stainless steel fronts and aluminum rears.

They don't need to be new -- a good used set would be fine --

Anybody out there have a set they could part with?

Thanks.

Bill J.
    Bill Jackameit
    1964 Challenger Wagonaire
    1964 Daytona Sedan
    Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
    Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
    https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

I purchased a new repop set from Valerie Hanson for my Wagonaire. Fits well and looks great. She sells Studebaker rubber products as well. Advertises in Turning Wheels.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

If you just want to keep the Carpet down and the water out and do not care about originality, you can get Carpet Mouldings at Home Depot.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        If you just want to keep the Carpet down and the water out and do not care about originality, you can get Carpet Mouldings at Home Depot.
        OH MY GOODNESS!!! I didn't think I would EVER see StudeRich recommending a non-stock modification to a Studebaker!!

Especially one that isn't purchased from an Official Studebaker Vendor!

Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Well what can I say? What many do not know is that I like Studes. both perfect Original AND modified with mostly "other year" Studebaker Parts! And actually own some of each, it depends on the Car.
          For a total Driver that will never be shown in Original Class at an International meet, it's OK, just avoid destroying it with Ch@&y Power!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

She only lists rears in her parts list on her site but I have e-mailed her to inquire about a complete set. Thanks. Bill J.
            Bill Jackameit
            1964 Challenger Wagonaire
            1964 Daytona Sedan
            Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
            Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
            https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

Well what can I say? What many do not know is that I like Studes. both perfect Original AND modified with mostly "other year" Studebaker Parts! And actually own some of each, it depends on the Car.
              For a total Driver that will never be shown in Original Class at an International meet, it's OK, just avoid destroying it with Ch@&y Power!
              Hmmm..........1965 and 1966 Studebakers used Ch@&y engines, so they must be ok?

(I couldn't resist Rich. But it's all in fun!! )
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Bill, I purchased an NOS set for my 65 cruiser from Stephen Allen's studebaker site last month. Excellent quality. Very pleased. Mystudebaker.com.

Comment

I'm as surprised as Paul, Rich! But I agree with you 100 percent.
                  Mike Davis
                  1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Working...
                  X