" New Packard Dealer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Blue 15G

Bill, I think I know where Saltsburg Road is located and it would be east of Pgh. near the turnpike. I wasn't aware of a dealership by the name of McKean out there, although I'm admittedly not that familiar with that area so anything's possible.

Dave
    My friend Ted forwarded me a copy of his "Drive Away Shipper" for the car (61V-13282), but I couldn't find a way to cut and paste it here. It says,

"McKean Studebaker Company
    6201 Saltsburg Road
    Pittsburgh 35, Penna"
    and
    "99 Tag University of Pgh
    Sold Rush
    Ship With 36694"

His car was shipped 11/22/60 and was a well-equipped Lark VIII Regal convertible, Ermine White with black top and interior. It's in very nice driver condition today.

Just out of curiosity, Bob Langer, do you remember what color your uncle's '63 convertible was, that was driven by Chancellor Litchfield?

Thanks,
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Blue 15G

Bill, I think I know where Saltsburg Road is located and it would be east of Pgh. near the turnpike. I wasn't aware of a dealership by the name of McKean out there, although I'm admittedly not that familiar with that area so anything's possible.

Dave
      My friend Ted forwarded me a copy of his "Drive Away Shipper" for the car (61V-13282), but I couldn't find a way to cut and paste it here. It says,

"McKean Studebaker Company
      6201 Saltsburg Road
      Pittsburgh 35, Penna"
      and
      "99 Tag University of Pgh
      Sold Rush
      Ship With 36694"

His car was shipped 11/22/60 and was a well-equipped Lark VIII Regal convertible, Ermine White with black top and interior. It's in very nice driver condition today.

Just out of curiosity, Bob Langer, do you remember what color your uncle's '63 convertible was, that was driven by Chancellor Litchfield?

Thanks,
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

'Sure is nice to hear of survivor convertibles from rust-belt states, Bill! [8D] Thanks. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

'Sure is nice to hear of survivor convertibles from rust-belt states, Bill! [8D] Thanks. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X