Studebaker Packard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Packard

Besides the Packard Hawk, what is the most desirable and rare of the Studebaker related Packards?

1954 Commander
    1958 Golden Hawk
    1963 Daytona Convertible
    1963 R2 Daytona
    1963 R2 GT Hawk
    1963 R1 Wagonaire
    1963 R4 Avanti
    1964 Champ
    1966 Cruiser

The rarest would be the 1958 Packard Wagon.

Most desirable would be a personal preference call. I would vote for the '57 Packard Clipper Town Sedan, but most people might prefer the '58 Packard Hardtop![^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The rarest would be the 1958 Packard Wagon.

Most desirable would be a personal preference call. I would vote for the '57 Packard Clipper Town Sedan, but most people might prefer the '58 Packard Hardtop![^]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

IF you're talking about Packards made after the merger (takeover), then that should allow models as far back as at least 1955 doesn't it? In that case I would definitely prefer the older Packards like a 1956 Packard Executive hardtop.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

IF you're talking about Packards made after the merger (takeover), then that should allow models as far back as at least 1955 doesn't it? In that case I would definitely prefer the older Packards like a 1956 Packard Executive hardtop.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The '57 Packard Clipper Town Sedan gets my vote. It had the appearance of a being a Packard.

Comment

The '57 Packard Clipper Town Sedan gets my vote. It had the appearance of a being a Packard.

Comment

Wouldn't mind addind a 58 Pkrd Wagon to my collection..Love the Hawk, gets smiles & thimbs up from everyone..How could you not want one with a face like that....

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Wouldn't mind addind a 58 Pkrd Wagon to my collection..Love the Hawk, gets smiles & thimbs up from everyone..How could you not want one with a face like that....

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

I'd like a '57 Packard Country Sedan (station wagon). Blower and 3-speed and overdrive, and roof rack...either in that lavender color and white, or gold and white. A pretty, practical Packardbaker!

Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

I'd like a '57 Packard Country Sedan (station wagon). Blower and 3-speed and overdrive, and roof rack...either in that lavender color and white, or gold and white. A pretty, practical Packardbaker!

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

I'm sorry, and I know this isn't necessarily the most popular thought, but to me, Packard died at the end of 1956. If I could have my choice of Packard after the merger, I'd take either a '55-'56 Caribbean or 400 hardtop. Again, this is just my own opinion and nothing personal is meant against anyone who likes the '57-'58 models. If I ever bought one of these later cars, it would be to hot rod it. I'll duck for cover now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I'm sorry, and I know this isn't necessarily the most popular thought, but to me, Packard died at the end of 1956. If I could have my choice of Packard after the merger, I'd take either a '55-'56 Caribbean or 400 hardtop. Again, this is just my own opinion and nothing personal is meant against anyone who likes the '57-'58 models. If I ever bought one of these later cars, it would be to hot rod it. I'll duck for cover now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I think if it says Studebaker-Packard on the Company name then It's a free for all and my pick is the 1955 Packard Caribbean Convertible or the 1956 Packard Executive, I would pick the Hawk but you said I can't have that one. [:P]

Randy_G
                            1959 Lark Sedan
                            This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

I think if it says Studebaker-Packard on the Company name then It's a free for all and my pick is the 1955 Packard Caribbean Convertible or the 1956 Packard Executive, I would pick the Hawk but you said I can't have that one. [:P]

Randy_G
                              1959 Lark Sedan
                              This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
                              X