Studebaker to SBC Intake Adapter Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker to SBC Intake Adapter Plates

I am going to make adapter plates toallow bolting a SBC intake manifold the Studebaker V8. I know I am off the deepend for starting another project but it is just a continuation and refinementof Jeff Rice's adapters on the Weber motor. Those adapters and the manifold areunique to each other and can only be used together. These new ones will allowmost any Chevy I intake to be trimmed down and bolted on. Jeff's parts areaccurate and both the same but no drawings were made. I took carefulmeasurements of them and had a friend at work create a 3Dmodel. I had the 3Dmodel printed in plastic and poof, instant adapter including threads. Here aresome photos of the plates with gaskets. The port /bolt alignment needs tweakeda few thousandths. If I can sell 10 sets I can sell them for $330.00 a set. Iplan to buy two sets myself and I can stand to sit on a couple of sets for awhile so I need to see what the real interest would be in them. I can drop theprice to $300.00 if I can sell twenty sets. The plates will be 5-axis CNCmachined and have stainless steel thread inserts for the GM side. I will doanother 3D prototype with the tweaks before going to metal. Lead time would beabout 8 weeks after I pace an order. Let me know your opinions, either way.

JK
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY1508.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1753910Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY1510.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1753911Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY1516.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1753912Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY1523.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1753913

Another photo of an uncut SBC 3 x 2 on the adapters.

JK

Name:	SANY1516.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1713374

Comment

Looks great, Jon!
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

For those building a performance engine, it looks to be a great deal.

For those wanting to keep it under the hood of a C/K/Avanti, has the carb pad height been measured and compared to the OEM Studebaker carb pad height?

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

intake

Name:	engine done.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1713379

I would think that the height is definitely gonna be a problem. Even with Jeff's intake, I had to result to using a Chevelle drop type air filter base and the clearance at the hood was marginal. I could go to a smaller size air filter but it needs air now with all that new carburetion going on!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X