X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by studbkr View Post
    SOLD for $8888 to a first-time Stude owner in Alabama. He already has a '57 Chevy and a Skylark Convertible and is looking forward to a retirement project. I told him about the Club and Forum
    Good for you. Let's see how well suited he is for the "marching to the tune of a different drummer" crowd. I hope he's in it for the "long haul."

Leave a comment:

• studbkr
    replied
    Price cut to $8888 (buy it now) for a few days. After that I'll take it off eBay, pay the California fees, and go to an auction format. I'm ready to accept a loss...
    SOLD for $8888 to a first-time Stude owner in Alabama. He already has a '57 Chevy and a Skylark Convertible and is looking forward to a retirement project. I told him about the Club and Forum

Leave a comment:

• studbkr
    replied
    Price cut to $8888 (buy it now) for a few days. After that I'll take it off eBay, pay the California fees, and go to an auction format. I'm ready to accept a loss...

Leave a comment:

• studbkr
    replied
    StudeDave, I exchanged messages with Stephanie after I received the car. I doubt she made an error. They tried many old keys they have laying around and found something "close". Should have been disclosed in the auction. (Gary: I want out of this car. Now. I'm willing to give up any potential upside, and not ready to accept any downside quite yet...)

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Just put it on eBay for $10,200 buy-it-now (no auction)
    I strongly disagree. EBay is an AUCTION site. For expensive items, like a vehicle, it is best to start the auction low to develop interest and a following. Your safeguard is a reserve that you an live with. A BIN eliminates any opportunity to sell for a higher price. A BIN is okay for inexpensive items, like an article of clothing, or things that someone wants/needs right away.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Wrong car! The keys don't work, and the seller knew it! Grrr....
    Gosh-- I hope you didn't get the keys for RQ-1001 by mistake...

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• studbkr
    replied
    Dick, Thanks for the info. I did see that my seller's fee is only $125 and I won't take Paypal for the full amount (only the deposit)

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    There is not a $250 seller's fee. There is no insertion fee. There is a $125 fee only if the car meets reserve and sells.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/moto...#vehicle-price

Taking the full sales price of the car through PayPal is not a good idea. A $500 deposit via PayPal...sure. The rest any way the buyer wants to pay...just don't release the title or the car until the funds clear. The best way I've found is a wire transfer. It is in your account in hours and free (to the recipient of the wire transfer).

Ask the seller for the contact info for the #2 bidder. He may still want it.

Having a key made for a Studebaker ignition switch is about $20.

I think you are going to have to register it in your name no matter if you keep it or resell it. Many buyers will not buy a car unless it is registered in the seller's name. Too many potential problems and/or scams. Also, it is illegal to do so in most states unless you have a dealer's license.

Leave a comment:

• studbkr
    replied
    Just put it on eBay for $10,200 buy-it-now (no auction)

Leave a comment:

• studbkr
    replied
    Wrong car! The keys don't work, and the seller knew it! Grrr....

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied
    The keys are shown in one of the pictures. Hopefully, the owner or the trucking company has them.

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    My dream car. I would taking in a heartbeat but this is not a good time financially. Wow. Too bad. Good luck. I'm sure someone will step up on this one.

Leave a comment:

• studbkr
    replied
    Thanks for the call, Sal. I hope I can find a new home for it this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    I talked to Karl today. Sadly, I'm out of the running on this one. I love the car and it looks to me like this car would run with some effort. Good luck Karl. It's a real beauty.

Leave a comment:

• studbkr
    started a topic Buy me please! '63 Avanti R1, near San Jose

Buy me please! '63 Avanti R1, near San Jose

A few weeks ago I expressed some buyer's remorse at buying an Avanti on eBay that I don't have time or space for. It has now arrived in Silicon Valley. I'd like to flip it as-is, quickly. Who wants it? (Sal from Sacramento my be taking a look, but I haven't heard back yet). The car is a nice 20-footer. Both the interior and exterior are decent "driver" condition. If I had the time and space, I'd fix the mechanicals and leave the cosmetics alone! The seller accurately described it, and was very helpful. The only surprise when I received the car: no keys...

It has been sitting indoors for 35 years and the engine is stuck. Read the full eBay description, and look at the photos in the second link:

More pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/596664...7682778227786/

Here's the deal: I'm into this for $9077 (purchase price), plus $1000 shipping. If someone can put money in my bank account, or Benjamins in my hand by Monday, it's yours for $10,500. Before I do any work on it, or get emotionally attached...I'm putting a similar offer on Craigs List.

After Monday, I'll march down to the DMW and start spending money on the car (registration, California title, sales tax), and then put it on eBay ($250 sellers fee, plus 2.9% Paypal fee) and jack-up the price to about $12,000.

My e-mail is the best way to contact me "studbkr" at Yahoo

Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1753896

Click image for larger version

Name:	title.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	1753895
Working...