No announcement yet.

1954 100% correct STUDIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great photos of a greater restoration. Thanks for sharing on the Forum.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Wow, stunning transformation! Would be hard to let this car go after spending so many hours (and $) on the restoration. Cheers, Junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by toymobile View Post

Thanks for looking the reason for selling is the fear of someone hitting the car.
        Wow, I can understand being nervous about such a beautiful car and all the work done to get it in that condition. How long has it been finished? Maybe a few drives would help him get past that? Everyone's philosophy about owning special cars is different, and I respect that. Personally I would insure it well with a classic car insurer, maybe take it to the International Meet and get a First Place award, maybe even best in Class. After that I would pick an inconspicuous spot on the car and put the first scratch on it myself, then drive and enjoy it. I heard one owner say, "build them to a 10, then drive them down to a 7." In any case, I hope someone will share, drive and enjoy it.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

There's no question that an awful lot of effort and time were put into the restoration BUT, is he trying to get into the Guinness Book of Records as selling the most expensive '54 Commander ever sold~? ? There is not now nor has there ever been a '54 Commander worth that kind of money~!!!!

Comment

I gave up sex because I was afraid someone might damage me.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by colt45sa View Post
              There's no question that an awful lot of effort and time were put into the restoration BUT, is he trying to get into the Guinness Book of Records as selling the most expensive '54 Commander ever sold~? ? There is not now nor has there ever been a '54 Commander worth that kind of money~!!!!
              ??? I have not seen a price offered. Can someone share what it is?
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA

Comment

I was quoted "low to mid forties"
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

My 55 cost me 50K to build, appraised for insurance at 30K and my staff can sell it for 20K when I'm gone. I'm picking up a 54 Commander coupe at South Bend (deluxe, not the regal trim on the 54 in this post) and I'll probably spend close to 40K on it before I get it back to factory or close. You could build one yourself for "low to mid forties" and have the satisfaction that you saved another one.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                    I was quoted "low to mid forties"
                    That is really not out of line for such a well done car. There are probably not a lot of buyers at the price, but there may very well be a couple. One is all he needs.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Spreads the word, will be a nice keepsake.

Johnny

Comment

If he wants to get top dollar it might be a good idea to put it on ebay. Have a low starting bid but a reserve he could accept and see where it goes.
                        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                        50 Champion 2 door*
                        53 Commander K Auto*
                        53 Commander K overdrive*
                        55 President Speedster
                        62 GT 4Speed*
                        63 Avanti R1*
                        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I bought a few body parts from Domenic for my 53, that was 4 yrs ago. we looked and talked about his car, that car is about as perfect as you will find anywhere I don't know what he has in that thing, but I do know I have spent well over 20,000 restoring my 53 coupe and I did everything on my car, I bought my interior from southeast Studebaker and installed myself so I have saved where I could, If he is asking mid 40s somebody better grab it. sorry for the rant. Joe

Comment

Working...
                          X