Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wires and Loom Covering, Cloth or Plastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wires and Loom Covering, Cloth or Plastic?

I was wondering what year Studebaker went from cloth covered wires to plastic covering?
    The same question for the loom covering, and could both types have been used on a car?
    Thanks, Tom

I think this was recently discussed. I may be wrong but I recall the answers being 1955 and yes, both types could be found as the factory used up old supplies.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
      I think this was recently discussed. I may be wrong but I recall the answers being 1955 and yes, both types could be found as the factory used up old supplies.
      Thanks Don, and I sure hope it wasn't me that recently asked the question, as that would mean I'm loosing it. LOL

Comment

They used cloth covered wiring for some reason till the end of Hawk production.....only in the dome light circuit.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

1955 was the transition year. Some vehicles that used a harness that was identical to the one used in 1954 were equipped with the older cloth-covered wire until they were used up. My 1959 truck still has two cloth-covered wires that control the two-speed rear axle.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
          X