No announcement yet.

AVANTI 50th Anniversary Coffee Mug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Count me in for two. I know that the shipping will be a bit more expensive to my part of the world. Cheers, George.

Comment

I will take one.
      Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
      '14 Boxster
      '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
      '37 Dictator Coupe
      '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

I'll take two also.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly-John View Post
          How helpful of you, StudeRich. How about if I have my wife call you? You can explain to her exactly what she did wrong, by allowing this $10 mug to be used and enjoyed daily here at the house this past five years. I'm sure she would enjoy hearing your opinion about this. Thanks. (Now, if I knew how to add one of those little smiley faces here, I would!) John
          Admit it! You are no longer 'Jolly' John after what your wife did!!

Craig

Comment

To slightly change the subject, I've been using, daily, an SDC mug I got at the last International Meet at Ed Reynolds' new (at that time) facility in South Bend. He had an open house and gave tours of the facility. One of the items I received was the celebration mug. I think it was because I bought a bunch of stuff for my Stude, but I don't really remember. I have an excuse, I'll old.
            I hope you can obtain the Avanti mug. I know I have to smile each morning I drink my coffee out of that mug I received. It brings back nice memories.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I'll take one.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly-John View Post
                Thank you for your cordial posting, Ed. And, thanks for your reply, Lew. You know, I bet I could sell 22 of these mugs along the way. They were an excellent design....and there will only be ONE 50th Anniversary of the Avanti. I'm saying 22 because I would keep one, plus a spare for myself this time around. Let me think about this. John
                John, thanks to your inquiry and everyone's offer to buy at least one of these Avanti coffee mugs from 2012, I am getting 36 remade. It was only a few cents more to go from my original minimum order of 24 cups to 36 cups, so others can step of with their offer to buy remaining coffee mugs and keep harmony in your household too

I placed the order this morning and the cost of each mug, with bulk shipping to me is $4.00 per coffee mug. Per mug shipping to anyone that has said they would buy a one of these mugs would be $4.00 each plus $7.50 for my postage to send to you. If you order more than one coffee mug, I could probably send 2 or 3 mugs in one box for about the same postage.

I count about 13 or 14 mugs from people who said they would buy one or more to make this order possible for John.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send your coffee mugs as soon as I receive them.... probably will have them in 2 or 3 weeks. I'll PM you my mailing address to send a check to me for any coffee mugs you all said you would get to help out John.
                Or find my mailing address in any issue of Avanti Magazine.
                Lew Schucart
                Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Well, Gang. This is wonderful news. My personal thanks to each of you who posted that you'd buy one or two of the mugs to enjoy, AND to help smooth the marital waters at our home! THANK YOU ALL.

And, Lew, you're the BEST! I was certainly willing to play a role in getting a new group of these mugs sold. But, even as busy as you are with the AOAI, you've stepped forward to handle the whole deal. I APPRECIATE THAT.

I'll PM you my "order" for two of the new mugs in a moment. My best regards to all who helped. John (and yes, now back to "Jolly-John" on the home front!)

Comment

Lew, l would gladly take two as well, but the shipping to the Great White North (actually there is NO snow is my yard right now!) and taxes and brokerage and what ever other charges that could be piled on by governments and agencies would make them expensive - and they may arrive as MORE than two pieces!!

How about having a rendevous point designated for payment and pick-up in May at South Bend?
                    Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                    61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                    Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                    Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Good for you Lew!....I'm sending you a pm now......

Comment

Hi, just saw this post I will take 4 if still available.
                        Mark

Comment

Hi, just saw this post I will take 4 if still available. I have a 64 Avanti R2 and a 63 GT Hawk, Im still trying to correct the "commander member"
                          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mch View Post
                            Hi, just saw this post I will take 4 if still available. I have a 64 Avanti R2 and a 63 GT Hawk, Im still trying to correct the "commander member"
                            Mark
                            There is nothing to correct, Mark... the "Commander Member" designation is assigned by the forum, based on the number of posts you have made.
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

The 50th anniversary coffee mugs have arrive (3/14) and those who have sent payment have their mugs going in the mail today (Wednesday).
                              Anyone else that mentioned they would like a coffee mug and have not sent in a check, I have only 24 left for immediate shipping.

$4 each plus $7.50 postage for one coffee mug, $11.50 total; $15.50 if you want two mugs. PM me with your information and I'll let you know where to send your payment.

Thanks again to those who already sent their payments! Your coffee mugs are in the mail today!
                              Lew Schucart
                              Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

A big shout-out to Lew, again. Thank you for making this limited re-supply of these good-looking Avanti 50th Anniversary Mugs available. I thought I'd never be able to purchase a new one (or a pair of these) again. I hope the guys will step up and clean you out of the remaining few mugs. By the way, they would make an excellent (and inexpensive!!) gift for an Avanti buddy that a person might owe a favor to. John

Comment

Working...
                                X