Zip Van With Cerlist Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FourbyFounder View Post
    Let me introduce you to another"drug," the IH Metro-Mite... especially one with the original Austin A-55 engine. Muahahahaha!

I know all about those,just haven`t bought one yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Stutz made one of those also.

Comment

Originally posted by FoMoCoPower View Post
      The side panels/rockers on both sides from being lifted with a forklift!!!!
      I guess that the auction company workers weren't informed that the Zip Van was the only unit body Studebaker.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

So many of those rigs had sat so long that the brakes had frozen, the tires were flat and they were so jammed into those buildings that with 750 cars to move, they probably just didn't care any more. Looked like junk? Got treated like junk.
        Jim Allen

Soldier, sailor, auto tech, off-road driving instructor, photographer, magazine writer, book author, farmer, aspiring curmudgeon.

Comment

We would also like to see the story in TURNING WHEELS after it is published in the other publication, of course. !

Comment

Who is the contact at Turning Wheels? It's already out in the Diesel World September issue, page 168, probably still on stands now. The Studebaker part is one page in a five page story that was mainly about the engine. The Zip Van shares the "Applications" spotlight with the USMC M-Series Jeep FC170, which was actually produced in the hundreds. It may also be posted online on the Diesel World at some point.

Actually, I just remembered that I got permission to let club publications have copies of the story, as long as they credit Diesel World and link to the DW site.

If someone can connect me with the right person, I can see that it happens. Or, it could be posted on the website here.
            Last edited by FourbyFounder; 07-18-2017, 12:43 PM.
            Jim Allen

Soldier, sailor, auto tech, off-road driving instructor, photographer, magazine writer, book author, farmer, aspiring curmudgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by FourbyFounder View Post
              Who is the contact at Turning Wheels? It's already out in the Diesel World September issue, page 168, probably still on stands now. The Studebaker part is one page in a five page story that was mainly about the engine. The Zip Van shares the "Applications" spotlight with the USMC M-Series Jeep FC170, which was actually produced in the hundreds. It may also be posted online on the Diesel World at some point.

Actually, I just remembered that I got permission to let club publications have copies of the story, as long as they credit Diesel World and link to the DW site.

If someone can connect me with the right person, I can see that it happens. Or, it could be posted on the website here.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I secured permission from the editor of Diesel World for Studebaker Drivers Club and/or TW to use the story, then contacted the TW Editor and we will see if she wants to use it.

Just want to say thanks again to the community here for the help and advice on Zip Vans. Learned a lot about them and Studebakers in general.
                Jim Allen

Comment

Working...
                X