No announcement yet.

Stolen 1963 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh what you did! Bringing politics into this forum is a big No No. I got a 1-point penalty, whatever that is, for suggesting people vote to save high octane gas. Note that since that incident, this one is my first comment on this dying site.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    This may be a huge problem, it appears Jim's Avanti has been "appropriated" by the Classic Car Lot and re-sold with a signed Consignment Contract, and NOW it's being Re-re-sold discreetly on something called "Autozin" in Alamo, Indiana where the Sedro Wooley, WA Police would probably have never heard of, to look.

I do not know the real "Back Story", but a Chapter Member had a friend lose his Chev. from the same Classic Car Lot the same way.

The worst part is, this may very well be Morally Wrong, but LEGAL here!
    In Ultra Liberal, Democrat controlled, Marijuana smoken, tree hugging, Washington State.

Looking for a car ? Find your next used car or truck at Autozin.com. We have the best inventory of used cars, trucks, bikes and other vehicles from thouthands dealers nationwide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60449[/ATTACH]
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

Comment

I don't think anyone will object to just saying the TRUTH, there is no "opinion" here at all, just the absolute facts.

Of course it refers to the Majority, you never can Label ALL of the people, as by nature they're all different.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-12-2016, 08:35 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        I don't think anyone will object to just saying the TRUTH, there is no "opinion" here at all, just the absolute facts.

Of course it refers to the Majority, you never can Label ALL of the people, as by nature they're all different.
        Can we please stick to discussing Studebakers without the editorial comments?
        Jim Bradley
        Lake Monticello, VA
        '78 Avanti II
        sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have the actual facts involved in this case (could be more to the story than the information we have)? If the owner had the car commissioned with a business, and he did not receive payment for the sale of that vehicle, then there is a legal dispute between those two parties, period. If the vehicle was stolen from the business, then it's a criminal issue the business has to work out with law enforcement (but does not remove their liability to the owner (who I hope still has possession of the title)). All we can do, as bystanders, is to report any sighting using the contact info given.
          Mike S

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
            Does anyone have the actual facts involved in this case
            (could be more to the story than the information we have)?
            All we can do, as bystanders, is to report any sighting using the contact info given.
            Mike S
            yes
            yes
            and yes

StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

BUMP

Listed Jan 4... 2017

64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

That car is getting LOTS of miles on it without ever actually going anywhere!

I wonder if it still even exists.
                Dis-Use on a Car is Worse Than Mis-Use...
                1959 Studebaker Lark VIII 2DHTP

Comment

The car is most likely nowhere any of the ads.

These second or third iteration sites are full of supposed cars for sale. The scammers simply pick up some photos from a legitimate listing somewhere, and then list the car. They're hoping someone will send them some money, deposit or full price via a bank transfer to somewhere outside the USA.

If the car still exists, it's been repainted, the tell-tale bumpers replaced, new ID tags forged, and maybe sold by now. It's likely on a replacement or salvage title.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
                    That's about sixty miles north of me. Please advise if I can be of assistance...

mjrtassoc at gmail dot com

Comment

Working...
                    X