Sky Hawk Air Cleaner To Carter AFB Carburetor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Hawk Air Cleaner To Carter AFB Carburetor

I would REALLY like to use my Stock NOS 56 289 air cleaner on the Carter AFB I'm going to install on my 289. However, the opening for the WCFB is smaller than the opening on the AFB. Has anyone addressed this same situation? Is there an "adapter" which is Commercially available or do I need to make one? I do NOT want to use a round, Chrome top type cleaner...I'd like to stick wit the OEM cleaner if at ALL possible...

The older Carter AFBs were the same size as the WCFB, it's the late 60s that went to the 5 1/4". However there are many adapters available.
    Find Parts and Accessories air cleaner adapter KEYWORD and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $109 at Summit Racing!
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I have a late model AFB air cleaner that I'd sell but I don't think it is the same as used in 56
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Give Jim Turner (Turner Brakes) a call.
        He took a stock (wcfb?) and modified to to accept an AFB.
        It looked bone stock from the outside.
        Maybe Jim can share with you what he did to his.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I've taken a cheap chrome air cleaner for a Edlebrock, cut out the "hole" that fits over the carb, cut out the hole in the stock air cleaner........then spliced the stock air cleaner and the new "hole" together. Have not done this to a '50s Studebaker air cleaner, but have done it to several early 60s ones.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
          X