R engine series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
    Very impressive work. I notice that the R-2 in the first series of pictures has 4 bolt valve covers. A bit unusual, but I know later Studebaker V-8s in scale are hard to source without robbing Avanti kits.
    I figured Stude guys woyld get a kick out of these. Glad you like them.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      Absolutely incredible! Lots of detailed work shown here. I appreciate your posting these pictures here.
      I figured Stude guys would get a kick out of them. Glad you enjoy.

Comment

If I stuck my Coupe into the "Fantastic Voyage" shrink-o-matic machine, Raquel included, of course... Then had one of those engines installed in my car.... then put the car back into the "Fantastic Voyage" expand-o-matic machine, Raquel included again, of course, could I then count on it running well and not causing any undue problems relying on your engine building skills????
        sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
          If I stuck my Coupe into the "Fantastic Voyage" shrink-o-matic machine, Raquel included, of course... Then had one of those engines installed in my car.... then put the car back into the "Fantastic Voyage" expand-o-matic machine, Raquel included again, of course, could I then count on it running well and not causing any undue problems relying on your engine building skills????
          Well Sal, I suppose that could be arranged.However,there are no guarantees.Tolerances get pretty small at 1:25.

Comment

Well that about seals it then. I'll quit working on the shrink-o-matic machine and get back to building a real engine.
            sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
              Well that about seals it then. I'll quit working on the shrink-o-matic machine and get back to building a real engine.
              Don't give up so easily, you can try sending Raquel first.

Comment

If you guys are interested the whole story is here. I am now starting on the R5. I realize that the owners of some of the photos may be on here, I hope I won't get nailed for copyright infringement.

Since we are now on the bench, I decided to continue here. I started on the R2, using a Starliner engine and some Avanti engines bought on eBay. The background story is here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/117564-a-studebaker-story/#comment-1703106 The belt & pulley assembly is in p...

Comment

Absolutely incredible work!! I will be the first to admit you have more patience than I have. Keep up the good work and thanks for posting!

Comment

And here they are, together and individually in various parts of FTB's shop.

I wonder what an assemblage like this would be worth in real life.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Landman View Post
                      Don't give up so easily, you can try sending Raquel first.
                      Now you're just being selfish.
                      BTW, great work on those engines. Fantastic.
                      sals54

Comment

You are also doing a 409?

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                          You are also doing a 409?
                          That 409 was one of the first items to be part of the shop diorama.

Comment

Working...
                          X