Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Tool Help - Charlotte NC Area (10/26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Tool Help - Charlotte NC Area (10/26)

Anybody have a Stude rear axle hub puller near Charlotte?
    Gene Strickland needs one so he can R&R the rear wheel cylinder in his lil' Champ pickup.
    The Flaps are not helpful (so far)...

If someone has one, let Gene know... twp 0ne 4 24 five 6zero 1 nine
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Good Grief, Jeff! Hope you got some help. I'm typing this reply at almost 5pm and just got in the house and saw you had posted this request before 2:30pm. Hard to believe no one has seen this before. There is quite a number of members in the area, but apparently, either working or not lurking on the forum.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Try Jack White.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Thanks all.. Jack did locate one for Gene to use...
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Seems like one of the things every Stude club might consider doing a group buy on for common use, if no one has one. That and a professional spring compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
            Seems like one of the things every Stude club might consider doing a group buy on for common use, if no one has one. That and a professional spring compressor.
            I'd recommend they talk to their lawyer before making any investment in tools to loan. Very few good deeds go unpunished in this age.

Comment

Glad one was located. Just like what happened here we Stude folks need to, and do, stick together.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
                I loaned mine out within our SDC Chapter. Someone left mine out and ruined it. He did reimburse me $20 for it, but now I do not have one.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If anyone has a friend who's got a 50-60's (70's too?) Volvo or if there's a club for those nearby, then the rear axles are similar (same brands) & the puller works!
                  sigpic

Josephine
                  Champion V8
                  4d sedan

Comment

Older Jeeps used them too.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I loaned mine out within our SDC Chapter. Someone left mine out and ruined it. He did reimburse me $20 for it, but now I do not have one.
                      You can't buy a hub puller for $20 can you? I have a Snap On with 3 jaws that bolt to the wheel studs, and I'm pretty sure it would cost $100 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                        You can't buy a hub puller for $20 can you? I have a Snap On with 3 jaws that bolt to the wheel studs, and I'm pretty sure it would cost $100 or more.
                        No, I do not think that a new one could be bought for $20. I was mostly trying to maintain friendship within the Chapter. I never got what was left of mine back to see if I could salvage it. Mine was the regular three leg type that probably costs more than $100 new.
                        I have had many tools "disappear" with nothing in return. I have discovered that it is usually the unusual tools that disappear, not common hand tools.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          No, I do not think that a new one could be bought for $20. I was mostly trying to maintain friendship within the Chapter. I never got what was left of mine back to see if I could salvage it. Mine was the regular three leg type that probably costs more than $100 new.
                          I have had many tools "disappear" with nothing in return. I have discovered that it is usually the unusual tools that disappear, not common hand tools.
                          I'm in the same boat, and have finally stopped letting tools leave my house. The last straw was when someone wanted to borrow a special tool I made for welding and grinding shift lever balls that fit in the forks. He wanted to borrow it to make a copy of it, and I never got it back.

Comment

Working...
                          X