Thank You to Heart of Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You to Heart of Ohio

Thank you Dave Hamblin and everyone else working this year's meet. We had a great time, met lots of wonderful people, and thoroughly enjoyed the driving tours. Hope everybody makes it safely home.

Ditto. Well organized, liked the layout of the show and buildings. Thank you for what was obviously a lot of hard work from a lot of volunteers.

Comment

Your hard work showed and we had a great time at the meet as well. A great big THANKS.
      Bob & Joanne
      Bob
      Welland Ontario
      60 Lark Convertible
      64 Daytona
      sigpic
      "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

I will add my thanks also. Although I spent most of my time in one building, I got to visit with lots of nice people. I now can recognize a few more forum regulars by sight.
        sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

All the folks from the Heart of Ohio Chapter did a wonderful job making everyone feel welcome. It was a great meet and I heard from many folks how welcome they were made to feel. Good job to all!

Comment

Dittos here; it was a wonderful meet and seemed so well organized. Thanks to all! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

We had a great time, I only wish that EVERYONE with a car on the field would have had the REQUIRED fire extinguisher placed where it is required to be. Thank goodness I did not have the need to use one at this meet... but it has happened, and several extinguishers showed up by the time the smoking Avanti was pushed out of line!

Comment

Great meet. The facility was great. The folks working the meet were friendly and great. Thanks to all that worked the meet and did not have time to enjoy it themselves.
                Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                1961 Hawk 4-speed
                1967 Avanti
                1961 Lark 2 door
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

We had a very nice time and the Venue was great , Ed and Laura

Comment

I had a great time! Lots of hard work and planning was evident and the fairgrounds was an excellent venue. Drooled over many cars and trucks--including that Horizon Green '64 Daytona Hardtop R1 I asked the original owners from IN about six or seven years ago if they wanted to sell--they still don't want to! Paid to have my Cruiser judged and shown but woke up at home Thurs. morning and roads were all wet, so I passed. Oh well. I was happy to volunteer to help man the entrance Fri. morning. Thanks again for putting this on Dave, Joanne, and everybody else at Heart of Ohio chapter. It was a wonderful meet. Take a well-deserved rest!
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Thank you for a great show. My wife and I enjoyed the entire week. Great local folks, lots of cars and a large swap meet. Thank you for all you efforts.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

^ +1 all.
                        THANK YOU Dave, Joanne and all the Heart of Ohio members for making the Mansfield meet such a special event.
                        You gave me the perfect opportunity to visit my hometown and experience the most concentrated "Studebakering" with my Dad since a cross-country trip in a Wagonaire. We made so many new friends and got to finally meet some Forum folks in person.

Thanks also to the judges, who were very forgiving of the decades of original South Bend "rustproofing" and complimentary of the "Shawshank" Hawk's originality. Their gentle advice (just clean it) is very encouraging.

My best friend and I spent every summer going to Mid-Ohio races in the 80s, so it was a thrill to share that track day with him in the Hawk no less. <45mph was just fine on those old bias-plys.

If every week in Mansfield was as fun as this one, I'd still be living there!
                        Andy
                        62 GT

Comment

One thing no one has mentioned is the Mansfield downtown area. I was impressed by the beautiful old houses and churches we passed on our way from the hotel each day. One has to wonder what some of those buildings were like in their original form.
                          sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                            One thing no one has mentioned is the Mansfield downtown area. I was impressed by the beautiful old houses and churches we passed on our way from the hotel each day. One has to wonder what some of those buildings were like in their original form.
                            I can answer for one building -- it was a Hudson dealership. It is now a very nice restaurant with the catchy name Hudson-Essex. They also own a winery next door and bottle their own wine. Great food and also got a nice welcome from the owners. They were wondering if they would see any Studebaker people.
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

Thank you for a great meet. It was a great venue. we got to meet many old and new friends. Thank you for the great tours as well.
                              David Johnson President Husker Chapter Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Working...
                              X