Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can go to the swap meet?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who can go to the swap meet?

    I'm a little confused by the language regarding the swap meet at the international meet. Is it only for people registered for the meet? Or can any member of the SDC go to it?

    Dave

  • #2
    As far as I know, anyone can see the swap meet and the car show on the show day only. You must REGISTER for the event if you want to go do other stuff.

    It is a good idea to register anyway, these things cost money to put on. The club that hosts can always use help covering their basic costs. Support them.

    Comment


    • #3
      To clarify: If a person was not registered to attend the 54th Annual SDC Meet, there was a $5 per head charge to get in to the indoor swap meet. There was no charge to attend the outdoor swap meet or to attend the car show on Saturday.

      As Mike said in Post #2, it costs money to put these things on. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

      Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

      G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

      Comment


      • #4
        In addition to the admission cost, they make you go through a metal detector to get in! Loco!
        Barry'd in Studes

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
          In addition to the admission cost, they make you go through a metal detector to get in! Loco!
          Suspect that was a Tacoma Dome requirement, not SDC's. Hard to find a public facility any more these days without a security check. Still can get into the Safeway without being searched, but maybe for not much longer . . . . .
          Skip Lackie

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
            Suspect that was a Tacoma Dome requirement, not SDC's. Hard to find a public facility any more these days without a security check. Still can get into the Safeway without being searched, but maybe for not much longer . . . . .
            Right, Skip; if they don't install metal detectors, the store will have to change their name from Safeway to Dangerousway! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

            Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

            G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Right, Skip; if they don't install metal detectors, the store will have to change their name from Safeway to Dangerousway! BP
              And if they have to do a physical body check should the alarm goes off, will you do the PIGGY WIGGLY?

              Craig

              Comment

              Working...
              X