This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south bend meet hotel

hello all , i will be going to south bend for the may meet , how do i go about booking a room at the hotel , i looked at their web site and the rooms are booked out for those dates , also no e mail address unless i missed it , i went many years ago and can not remember what the procedure was , any advice would be appreciated , thanks from roger
    R.A.Jennings

Originally posted by studevic View Post
    hello all , i will be going to south bend for the may meet , how do i go about booking a room at the hotel , i looked at their web site and the rooms are booked out for those dates , also no e mail address unless i missed it , i went many years ago and can not remember what the procedure was , any advice would be appreciated , thanks from roger
    Those rooms are probably blocked out, not "booked" for those dates. You would have to request, perhaps via a code, to reserve one of the rooms blocked out for the SDC Convention. Hopefully, one of the "meet heads" will give you the scoop on the procedure.
    It doesn't matter to me because I do not stay in that hotel.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have been wondering what the host hotel is. I can't find any information telling me which hotel has been selected. I would like to be sure I get a room there if possible.
      Thanks!
      Nick

Comment

The Meet Hotel is the Doubletree in downtown South Bend.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
          The Meet Hotel is the Doubletree in downtown South Bend.
          Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Those rooms are probably blocked out, not "booked" for those dates. You would have to request, perhaps via a code, to reserve one of the rooms blocked out for the SDC Convention. Hopefully, one of the "meet heads" will give you the scoop on the procedure.
            It doesn't matter to me because I do not stay in that hotel.
            So Gary, where do stay?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-o-Reno View Post
              So Gary, where do stay?
              The Inn at St. Mary's. It has been the AOAI headquarters hotel/motel. Someone else will have to tell us if it is for next year.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ask Max Starkey. As for me I am downtown at the Doubletree.
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The AOAI meet hotel for 2017 in May will be at the Inn at St. Mary's.
                  Lew Schucart
                  Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

When we entered South Bend from the north this summer ( I think we were on 933) we were detoured to the east from the main road into town. We noticed a real nice hotel/motel tucked off in the trees on the east side which we thought looked real nice. Sorry I can't be any clearer but I'll study a map to see if I can identify it as we want to come in 2017.
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                      When we entered South Bend from the north this summer ( I think we were on 933) we were detoured to the east from the main road into town. We noticed a real nice hotel/motel tucked off in the trees on the east side which we thought looked real nice. Sorry I can't be any clearer but I'll study a map to see if I can identify it as we want to come in 2017.
                      Bill
                      Sounds like it may have been the Ivy Court Inn & Suites: http://www.ivycourt.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X