This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RI meet hotel reservation issues

In early August 2015, I tried to reserve a room with two king/queen beds at the host hotel. I was told they do not have that type accommodation. I hung up and called the next day hoping to get another employee. Again the same response. I said OK, I'll pay the regular rate for that type of room thinking those rooms were not in the SDC deal. Still, no large doubles. I asked how many rooms they had and were told 266. 266 rooms and no large doubles. Why is the SDC hosting a national at this type hotel??? I emailed a national committee member and he said he would look into it and let me know. Now, 1/31/2016 and still no response. Guess we're not going to RI! stupak

Kinda makes you wonder if anybody on the Warwick Meet Committee cares?
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Of course we care about the accommodations at the hotel! I don't think the hotel has any rooms with two king or queen beds. In fact I don't think they have queen beds at all. There are rooms with two double beds.
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
        Of course we care about the accommodations at the hotel! I don't think the hotel has any rooms with two king or queen beds. In fact I don't think they have queen beds at all. There are rooms with two double beds.
        I just think the courtesy of a timely response to stupak would have been nice. Hard to believe in today's market they don't have better room choices.
        JS
        Last edited by LarkTruck; 02-04-2016, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
          I just think the courtesy of a timely response to stupak would have been nice. Hard to believe in today's market they don't have better room choices.
          JS
          I shouldn't get involved, but to me, a response in two days relative to something happening in five months is sufficient (and "timely"). Perhaps it is just that some of us did not grow up with or adapt instant communication.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I shouldn't get involved, but to me, a response in two days relative to something happening in five months is sufficient (and "timely"). Perhaps it is just that some of us did not grow up with or adapt instant communication.
            Gary, I shouldn't be here either, but by "timely" I was referring to the fact that stupak has been waiting since early August 2015 for a response to an email he sent to a national meet committee member. Read the OP.
            Jim

Comment

I messaged stupak, hopefully he will get back to me and I can help him.
              Chip
              '63 Cruiser
              '57 Packard wagon
              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                I messaged stupak, hopefully he will get back to me and I can help him.
                Better double check to see if NY Giants fans are allowed in!

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                  Gary, I shouldn't be here either, but by "timely" I was referring to the fact that stupak has been waiting since early August 2015 for a response to an email he sent to a national meet committee member. Read the OP.
                  Jim
                  Thanks. In that context, I agree with you. I was going by the forum posts. I wonder what he means by "...a national committee member..." What committee? Perhaps the SDC International Meet Committee and not this year's international meet committee.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    If they don't, there won't be any goodie bags or merchandise for sale!
                    Chip
                    '63 Cruiser
                    '57 Packard wagon
                    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

raoul5788, I have some bad news for you. I have already rented the
                      Y.A. Tittle suite.

Comment

Maybe they'll put him in the "Frank Gifford Suite"!!!

Comment

The schifosa is at it again:-(.......

Comment

Well if you wish real hard, you may actually find yourself in the sfaccheem suite.
                            Maybe they'll put him in the "Frank Gifford Suite"!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X