This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THANK YOU Gateway Chapter

I'd like to be the first to thank the Gateway Chapter for a great meet.

THANK YOU,
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

AMEN to that, Gary; well-done all the way around. A thoroughly enjoyable time. Congrats to all. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Totally agree! A great meet and superb job by the Chapter. Kudos to everyone!
      sigpic
      Bob Shaw
      Rush City, Minnesota
      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Originally posted by BShaw View Post
        Totally agree! A great meet and superb job by the Chapter. Kudos to everyone!
        If you have never been involved in a national meet, you really have no idea the amount of work that goes into one ,especially by the local chapter...thankyou to all involved ..I had a great time and met many old and new friends...well done

Comment

We liked the Westport Plaza area where the meet was held. The dining was very good out on the Plaza there.

Comment

Our visit to the IM was cut short by a death in the family. We had to leave on Thursday.
            We did enjoy the Gateway & Brewery tours. We met and spent all day Wednesday with Richard Voax. Very interesting gentleman.

Was not impressed with the hotel room. It wasn't what we reserved. Not much room.

We thought everyone was very nice and friendly during the two days we were there.
            I thought they should have roped off a area for Stude's & Avanti's only. I was not impressed with all the brand "x" vehicles mixed in along the Hotel.

See you in KC next year for the Zone Meet!

Steve
            Last edited by Steve-o-Reno; 08-22-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

2015 International Meet

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
              I'd like to be the first to thank the Gateway Chapter for a great meet.

THANK YOU,
              Also want to add my thanks to the Gateway Chapter and everyone who contributed to what I'd call the best meet I've attended. The location was convenient and the facilities about as good as it can get. Reasonable prices and good choices for meals. The weather was nearly perfect. Some organizations holding annual meets or contests are beginning to select permanent or longer terms locations. If that were the case with SDC I think St. Louis would be a strong contender.

Comment

A huge congratulations to Co-Chairs Don Hart and Lew Schucart and the entire SDC Gateway Chapter on the successful 51st SDC International Meet in St. Louis. The complete hotel area with the restaurants and entertainment was so convenient.

Tom L. Sexton
                UMVZ Coordinator
                sigpic

Comment

Great meet, well organized, in an excellent venue. Thanks much you guys.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Since Don and Lew have yet to respond,
                    on behalf of the MO ILL Chapter, Thank You's to all for
                    attending and for the kind words!
                    Gary Krautmann

Comment

A big thank you to the host chapter from me also. A great location and well organized.
                      Unfortunately, helping sell parts cut down on how much time I could spent looking at the cars and talking to their owners.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

My first International meet and I enjoyed it greatly. Thanks to all those who worked so hard to make it happen. As far as I could see things ran very smooth; if they didn't, they were made to look like they did. Location was super with everything needed within walking distance right there in the compound. I do agree that it would have been nice for the Studes & Avantis to be parked in a special area without the brand X mixed in but if that is all we have to say negative about it then it was a huge success.
                        Thanks again to all who made it happen.
                        Nick

Comment

A lot of those brand X cars belonged to SDC members not fortunate enough to be able to drive their Studes. I wish my 52 had been there, but things didn't work out for this meet. I hope to have it in South Bend in 2017.
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

To Don, Lew, and Milt (who ran the swap portion) THANKS FOR ALL YOU DID! I hope you finally can get some sleep. I still did not have enough time to fully check out all the cars there!
                            Now we have to get our hotel room reserved in Rhode Island & as soon as the meet site gets built we will have to get the registration taken care of. I see another cross-country trek in our future!

Comment

Reply to 52-fan. That's fine but there should have been a roped area for Stude's and Avanti's. It was a big parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X